Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent supplement?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

can u get some sort of rent supplement if you are living with you partner in his property but i jus had a baby so am out of work he owned his property before i met him..

i have worked all my life so have no clue of wat i am entilted to can anyone help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

goldie181 wrote: »
    can u get some sort of rent supplement if you are living with you partner in his property but i jus had a baby so am out of work he owned his property before i met him..

i have worked all my life so have no clue of wat i am entilted to can anyone help???

yu can only get rent relief allowance if your paying rent . Are you paying him rent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

goldie181 wrote: »

Maternity leave. Childrens allowance. Thats about it.

Rent subsidy is only for people who have no roof over their heads. Or would have no roof over their heads if they don't get it. You don't pay "rent" to your partner or parents, you make a contribution towards your keep. Its not the same as paying rent to a stranger, which is what rent subsidy is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dumbblonde122

don't think you are eligible for it if your bf earnd over the minimun required threshold for rent allowance. Easiest way to find out what you are entitled to is to ring the Welfare line. The no. will be on www.welfare.ie

Advertisement