Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo Wars

• 04-08-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Any one play it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeah great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

just finished it a few days ago. its pretty good, the controls are extremely easy to pick considering it's an rts on the xbox. the units playable are pretty awesome, although there is some balancing issues, eg. some units like the scarab and vulture are too powerful. another balancing issue is that the unsc is generally better.graphics and gameplay are solid and the storyline is good (especially the cinematic cutscenes).you'll get a good few hours out of it, especially if you play skirmish and mp. got it for 23 quid in hmv, definetely worth the money

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I have it (althought haven't played it in a wee while), but it's very good fun and handles surprisingly well given it's an RTS and a console :)

Haven't looked into the DLC for it yet though, anyone know if it's any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

anyone want a game online sometime ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Is it worth getting for a RTS virgin?

Never played any of those kind of games but curious about this coz of the good reports it's getting.

(And it's cheap!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

smooch71 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting for a RTS virgin?

Never played any of those kind of games but curious about this coz of the good reports it's getting.

(And it's cheap!)

it's worth getting if ya havent played an rts before, as its pretty easy and basic for the rts genre. good game to get ya into rts, and to give you the basic concept of what's involved in rts games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I have heard it described as "Baby's first RTS" in a review.

After playing it I do agree but at the same time it is good fun. Not overly complicated and very accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Probably is but does make you laugh :D.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's no real micro management involved, but you can select all units of a certain type within a group through use of the triggers on the controller which makes things easier to manage when you send a load of tanks and flyers off to fight a base. Resource collecting is a "build once and forget about it/maybe defend it" affair which I like cause you can tear through things more quickly. The Scarab is pretty awesome to play with and if you're playing as the humans, taking one over with a Spartan is quite satisfying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi great value in harvey normans i bought a collectors edition a week or two ago brand new for 25 euro!

now thats cheap as chips lol!

by the way the game seems great so you wont be let down ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cobrastarship

its no age but still a great game one off the best this year on the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

Halo Wars is perfect for people new to RTS games but that doesnt mean it doesnt take strategy, it just doesnt have as many individual unit types as other RTS games really. Definately worth the low price tag it has in most places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I hate over-reactive fan boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

i really like it , it reminds me of the orginal command and conquer , for a games console i think they did a really good job, i really like the online .

Hit me up for a game sometime

Advertisement