Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Football Picks Comp 2009

• 04-08-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have set up a boards.ie league on CBS Sportsline.
    The way it works is that you choose who you think will win each game every week scoring a point for each correct pick. Rather than getting involved in point spreads and/or confidence points I've kept it to the basic win/lose selection.
    The only extra is that you need to pick the total points of the MNF game as a weekly tie-break decider.

The deadline for submitting picks is 1 hour before the start of each game.
    I don't think there is a limit to the amount of people who can enter the league, so the more the merrier as they say.

You will need a CBS Sportsline a/c to join. I'm sure alot of you will have one already from fantasy leagues there & also on NFL.com (I'm pretty sure the same a/c works on both sites).

The link to the league is;
    http://boardies.football.cbssports.com/e

Password id boardies

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

Only 4 signed up so far which I am a little bit surprised at.
    There was a post of people's tips every week last year during the regular season so I thought it might be an idea to turn them into a bit of a competition, especially with all the interest in Fantasy Teams.

The season is still a month away so plenty of time for people to sign up but at the moment I feel a little bit like Kevin Costner.....
    If you build it they will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Signing up as we speak, good find ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I'm in but it was a pain registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Aboard

11 signed up now. Who else reckons they can be the boards.ie NFL Champion Tipster? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Sign up just now. Won the Allhiphop.com Pick 'Em last year :) Bet about 50 yanks. Brilliant

OK we have a dirty dozen but let's keep it going. There is no limit on members. Would like to get at least 20 by season opener on 10th Sept.
    36 people have entered the FF leagues so come on some of you enter the pickem's competition also.

14 & counting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

im in

• Registered Users Posts: 46 adriaaaan

Just registered.

• Advertisement

Up to 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

I hope the boardsie that entered twice isn't going to be submitting two different sets of picks each week!

I did notice that alright & have sent a mail to both registered e-mail addy's asking for one entry to be deleted. I am unable to delete it myself.

Just as a reminder;
    DEADLINE
    Pick deadline is one hour before each day's first game. This means that you can make picks up until one hour before games in weeks that have games that start before Sunday. If there is a Thursday game, you can still make picks for Sunday's games up until one hour before kickoff, even if you missed the Thursday game deadline.

So make sure you have picked the Steelers V Titans game before 00.30 Thurs night/Fri Morning.

Best of luck to all.

No email reminders?...... no way I will remember each week without em.

That's a strange one. You can customise e-mail alerts in all the other fantasy games they run. I don't know why it's not an option in this one.

I sent a mail last night to the 3 entrants who hadn't yet made a pick for the game but I wouldn't count on it every week.
    There are games every week from now until Christmas, most on Sunday's but some on a Thursday/Saturday/Monday.

My advice would be to stick you're picks in early as you can still change them up to one hour before kickoff in each game.

Icepickle wrote: »
    That's a strange one. You can customise e-mail alerts in all the other fantasy games they run. I don't know why it's not an option in this one.

I sent a mail last night to the 3 entrants who hadn't yet made a pick for the game but I wouldn't count on it every week.
    There are games every week from now until Christmas, most on Sunday's but some on a Thursday/Saturday/Monday.

My advice would be to stick you're picks in early as you can still change them up to one hour before kickoff in each game.
    I never got your email/PM?. I forgot all about it and did not make a pick for the Steelers Titans game.

Anyone who wishes to join the league may still do so via the link in the first post. You will have missed the first game last Thursday but can still make a pick for the rest of the week 1 games. A 1 point deficit is not a major handicap by any stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

just spotted this now:(

Just back from a weeks hols. & checked the competition standings.

Out of 20 original signups;
    12 have played both weeks & are still active
    1 missed week one but played week two so is presumed active
    5 played week one but not week two so are possibly inactive
    1 was a non-starter
    1 was a double entry (played week one only)

Hopefully the 5 players who missed week two will keep playing & just forgot to make picks.
    Obviously it makes it tougher to win outright but not impossible.

Similarly the competition is still open to new entrants who may want to see how they fare against the rest of us on a week by week basis.

Of the 12 who picked both weeks the leader is on 24/32 & 12th place is 6 points back on 18/32.
    As would be expected it tails off a fair bit after that for the players who only picked 1/2 weeks.

Once again, get those picks in early, you can always make a change later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Icepickle wrote: »
    Just back from a weeks hols. & checked the competition standings.

Out of 20 original signups;
    12 have played both weeks & are still active
    1 missed week one but played week two so is presumed active
    5 played week one but not week two so are possibly inactive
    1 was a non-starter
    1 was a double entry (played week one only)

Hopefully the 5 players who missed week two will keep playing & just forgot to make picks.
    Obviously it makes it tougher to win outright but not impossible.

Similarly the competition is still open to new entrants who may want to see how they fare against the rest of us on a week by week basis.

Of the 12 who picked both weeks the leader is on 24/32 & 12th place is 6 points back on 18/32.
    As would be expected it tails off a fair bit after that for the players who only picked 1/2 weeks.

Once again, get those picks in early, you can always make a change later on.

Sorry about that lad. Had a crazy week in work and it completely slipped my mind and was in dublin for the all ireland and had no access to a computer. I didn't forget but half eleven sunday is a bit late to remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

sorry missed week two i thought i had submitted the picks earlier in the week but i didnt.

Got week 3 picks in now

The bastard Texans. Not only did they screw me out of a clean sweep for this weeks picks, but the screwed me over in my spread for the games too. Potential €438 :mad::mad::mad:

That's great picking.:)
    Unlucky with the bet.:(
    Damn Texans also cost me a spread accumulator.:mad:
    Potential €664 busted.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

god damn steelers cost my accumulator €778 busted :mad::mad:

Still a few to make their picks for Week 4.
    Deadline for the early games is 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I'd like to state that the reason I'm not doing well in this for the second consecutive year is because, for the second consecutive year, I keep picking the fcuking Rams JUST OUT OF HOPE AND LOYALTY.

Come on, Rams. One win.

Sorry Ice..... the lack of an email reminder killed me. I'm in a yahoo pick em that emails u on a friday so I pick there. Apologies.

Just a reminder that the first week 10 game is tonight, so for those of you still playing, make sure you pick the Bears @ 49ers game at least an hour before kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Don't forget that the first game of week 11 game is tonight.
    Dolphins @ Panthers, get your picks in!

Go Fins!!

• Advertisement

it's gettin tight at the top

Advertisement