Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to buy a camera? Ebay?

• 04-08-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey im going to invest in my first slr and have decided to buy a canon1000d as it seems like a good one.unless anyone has any other suggestions. i seen it on ebay for 370euro and heard it was about 550euro in Dublin. so im a little confused as to where i should buy it? if i get it online and there is any problems etc im screwed.so should i fork out the extra money for the personal service?whats a good shop in Dublin to buy? i was told i should make sure the lens is good.does this mean i should shop around for a separate lens? any recommendations/advice is welcome?:)

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 vervevalley

bak wrote: »
    hey im going to invest in my first slr and have decided to buy a canon1000d as it seems like a good one.unless anyone has any other suggestions. i seen it on ebay for 370euro and heard it was about 550euro in Dublin. so im a little confused as to where i should buy it? if i get it online and there is any problems etc im screwed.so should i fork out the extra money for the personal service?whats a good shop in Dublin to buy? i was told i should make sure the lens is good.does this mean i should shop around for a separate lens? any recommendations/advice is welcome?:)

cheers
    Hi Bak,
    You wont believe..! I can cut copy and paste the above message from you..!even im going to invest in my first slr and have decided to buy a canon1000d as it seems like a good one.I'm planning to order a new one online in jessops or www.warehouseexpress.com online..!
    Since it's our first it's good to buy a new one and then the len and other accessories we can get in e.bay! this is my personal suggestion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I would buy from ebay but be wary becuase if you buy from a seller outside the EU, you will be taxed. It would probably work out cheaper still but its something to keep in mind.

Also make sure its a reputable seller with good feedback.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I would go for 2nd hand, keep an eye on adverts/gumtree/buy and sell, you can pick up some good deals. No need to buy new so long as you get to test what you're buying first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Lads there's a few nice little 400d's on adverts at the moment at a steal of a price, it's what i started on last october and am still on and i can't fault the camera.Brilliant beginner camera.

Advertisement