Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing Condensation inside Double Glazing

Options
  • 04-08-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

Does anyone know of any Company in Ireland ((Pref Dublin) if any) that repair condensation inside Double Glazing?

Please don't tell me that the whole window needs to be replaced (or the glass), because i know that's not true. There are companies in the U.K. and Europe etc. that will drill a small hole (usually on the outer window) and fit a tiny vent into it. I think they also replace the silica balls in the space bar somehow, and reseal it.
    Does anyone know of anyone in Ireland that does it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Befraggled wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any Company in Ireland ((Pref Dublin) if any) that repair condensation inside Double Glazing?

Please don't tell me that the whole window needs to be replaced (or the glass), because i know that's not true. There are companies in the U.K. and Europe etc. that will drill a small hole (usually on the outer window) and fit a tiny vent into it. I think they also replace the silica balls in the space bar somehow, and reseal it.
    Does anyone know of anyone in Ireland that does it?

The cost to get double glazing is around about €40 sq m (ex vat) so if you think it's worthwhile to get someone out to do a couple of hours work to repair a single window be my guest.

I have seen a guy repair a double glazed unit before and what he does is he removes one of the panes and cleans behind the glass the reseals them again.

In my view you are far better off getting a new double glazed unit and it will probably last a lot longer too.

Either way it's done you have to remove the glass from the frame.

Advertisement