Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest broadband available that doesn't require a phone line

Options
  • 04-08-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what is the cheapest broadband available that doesn't require a phone line.
    I know someone that wants to get broadband but doesn't want to have to pay for a phone line along with the broadband.
    It will be just used for surfing the internet and notthing else.
    What is the cheapest option available? and they're not living in a city it's in the country in Balinalack in Westmeath.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I was just wondering what is the cheapest broadband available that doesn't require a phone line.
    I know someone that wants to get broadband but doesn't want to have to pay for a phone line along with the broadband.
    It will be just used for surfing the internet and notthing else.
    What is the cheapest option available? and they're not living in a city it's in the country in Balinalack in Westmeath.

Ripwave I would say ..

Ripwave - Broadband In A Box

You can pick them up alomost anywhere. DID do them and Xtravision too but quality of signal depends where you live.

Here's some posts you can read to see if it suits ..

Ripwave on Boards.ie

Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ripwave Isn't Broadband It's similar to 3G Mobile without the advantage of being really mobile. (3G HSPA from O2, 3, Meteor or Vodafone isn't Broadband either)

Imagine/IBB breeze (same outfit) IS Broadband (Fixed Wireless)

Other alternatives are UPC Cable (TV is optional) (aka NTL/Chorus)

Digiweb Metro or Fixed Wireless.

Westnet
    Airwire

etc. Fixed Wireless Operators

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

watty wrote: »
    Ripwave Isn't Broadband ..

It is with a Pringle's Can :)

I have a friend in Ballynacargy who uses O2's 'mobile broadband' and is happy enough with it and another mate is in Mullingar and uses Digiweb's Metro .. here's a link - maybe give them a call and see if the signal stretches out your way.

Digiweb's Metro

Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've used ripwave with an MMDS dish. It still wasn't Broadband.

Advertisement