Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the train to Dublin

Options
  • 04-08-2009 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

When getting the train to Dublin, is it ok to book the 10:30am one and yet hop on the 8:30am one?

I was in Dublin once, I had a ticket for the 9 train and I could get the 6 one no bother. The 10:30 one is cheaper to book :o

sorry if wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

try it - worst case you will be forced to wait till the later train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

There was a mess up with our train last week where the tickets accidentally got cancelled.

They offered us tickets for a later train but said we could travel on the one we had planned with those tickets. None of the ticket inspectors said anything to us. Just be careful not to sit in anyones reserved seat and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I suppose the only fly in the ointment is that the 8:30 train chages over in Midleton: now that would be a balls if I wasnt allowed on the train there.

Hmmm.....its not that much of a saving, €18, but that would probably buy most of my food in Dublin for the day though.

EDIT: Just booked the 10:30.ill update tomorrow :o

Advertisement