Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards AC Promo for 2nd Pearl Izumi " Run Like An Animal 10K" 12th September

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Peckham wrote: »
    Pearl izumi 10k 12th Sept
    Name| Race Time| McMillian 10K Equiv
    woddle | 5 mile in 33'30 | 42 mins
    Shels4ever|3000m 11:48|42:45
    Louthandproud | 10K 45:46| 45:46
    donothoponpop | marathon 3:26| 43:54
    Gerard65 |2mile 12:18|41:29
    BeepBeep67|2 mile 11:24|38:27:eek:
    Slogger Jogger|10k 39:21|39:21
    RAL3|10M 70:44|42:13
    stmochtas|5M 36:47|46:06
    Peckham|half marathon 1:28:30|39:46

Just out of curiousity if no one else signs up the teams would be

Beepbeep & Stmochtas
    Slogger jogger & LouthandProud
    Pecham & Donothoponpop
    Gerard65 & Shels4ever
    Woddle & Ral3

Team 3 must be hot favourites, wonder how DP leg is holding up :D

Would be great to get 10 teams so we need 10 more bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 gersrunning

If its ok to spice things up a bit?

There will be some very nice prizes guys and girls , just for Boards AC members,but to make it viable and the prizes decent if as many of you as possible can pre register ideally by the end of this week.

With 2 in each team,the prize could be...........

Let you know at the end of the week :)
    Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Woddle wrote: »

I pity the unfortunate runner paired with me... they might have a long wait at the finish line... wonder if walking sticks are allowed on the course?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

"Limp like a (wounded) animal"?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

"Limp like a (wounded) animal"?

:P

Right there, that's my epitaph. :pac:

I pity the unfortunate runner paired with me... they might have a long wait at the finish line... wonder if walking sticks are allowed on the course?

Knee trouble my ass :D

3601564208_44267a7124_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Its donothoponpop and his amazing anti-gravitational running shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

If its ok to spice things up a bit?

There will be some very nice prizes guys and girls , just for Boards AC members,but to make it viable and the prizes decent if as many of you as possible can pre register ideally by the end of this week.

With 2 in each team,the prize could be...........

Let you know at the end of the week :)
    Ger

I'm recruiting people as we speak..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Peckham

Also, my speed training isn't really up to scratch at the moment, and the thought of doing 6 x 6:20ish miles kind of scares me a little! :)

Knee trouble my ass :D

3601564208_44267a7124_b.jpg
    Some one is spoofing to get the prizes ;-)
    Great shot by the way.
    A woddle shot?

tunguska wrote: »
    Deadly...........
    I would love to give you guys some nice kit.
    This must be the most active Forum in the Country and most professional.

Great stuff.
    Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Also, my speed training isn't really up to scratch at the moment, and the thought of doing 6 x 6:20ish miles kind of scares me a little! :)

Tell me about it, spent the last 3 days in bed sick so the though of any running is scary...

Its Boards AC and semi affiliated members not boardsies is the only thing for the prize

Its Boards AC and semi affiliated members not boardsies is the only thing for the prize

Not even talking about prizes, just getting more bodies to race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

just signed up to this run now..
    mcmillan is saying 48:25 based on the frank duffy..

i would be happy with anything sub 50 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Looks like ye lads are going to have some craic aswell on the race day; I'll be there next saturday giving it a go; Have not really been training too much recently, Ran a 5.5 loop last Wed in college in 43ish without much effort; Going to go up and run a loop of the course now; Hoping to go sub 45 on the day; And ran the last leg of the Cork Marathon relay in 47 but it was bloody warm that day;

Cant wait till I relocate back up to Dublin this week and get back training

Lads where is the parking on the day? Is it in the Community center? I do live close and will prob just walk up

That Macmillan lad says I should be 47

I know its early in the week but I heard on the radio this morning that the weather is meant to be fine for a few days from wed onwards. So we should have a nice day for the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You'd probably be faster than me even with the walking sticks! :pac:

I know its early in the week but I heard on the radio this morning that the weather is meant to be fine for a few days from wed onwards. So we should have a nice day for the race.

I hope so, I ran up Firhouse road heading towards the Old mill pub yesterday and there was only a slight breeze but it certainly makes that part of the course tough, that part of the course is probably the hardest as it's a slight climb and the wind is always against you.
    It was raining last year on the morning of the race so I stayed in bed but apparently the rain cleared and alot of fast times were ran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Pearl izumi 10k 12th Sept
    christeb |10m 70:47| 42:15

The sched calls for a 5-10m TT on Sat, so this is perfect. Can we register on the day like other BHAA races?

I hope so, I ran up Firhouse road heading towards the Old mill pub yesterday and there was only a slight breeze but it certainly makes that part of the course tough, that part of the course is probably the hardest as it's a slight climb and the wind is always against you.
    It was raining last year on the morning of the race so I stayed in bed but apparently the rain cleared and alot of fast times were ran.

I was up that way yesterday aswell, you weren't wearing an AC Milan jersey were you? Wind was a bit of a killer on that climb from mortons to the old mill. hopefully it'll be a calm day on saturday.
    The rain did clear up last year and it turned out to be grand race conditions. Although personally speaking I got a bout of stomach cramps after 5km which I couldnt shake, a crap time ensued......

I was up that way yesterday aswell, you weren't wearing an AC Milan jersey were you?

No I was in my race gear making sure there are no problems which involves my blue Boards AC singlet.
    Really looking forward to it though. I'll try hit 42 sth or other what about yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

christeb wrote: »
    The sched calls for a 5-10m TT on Sat, so this is perfect. Can we register on the day like other BHAA races?

This is what I was planning doing. I persume this is OK? with the team event and all.

No I was in my race gear making sure there are no problems which involves my blue Boards AC singlet.
    Really looking forward to it though. I'll try hit 42 sth or other what about yourself?

Im aiming for 33mins maybe scrape into the 32s(could be wildly overpredicting there though).

When do you need all the names in to pick the teams, i'm a bit of a doubt for the race on sat at the moment and will decide later in the week if i'll run or not, if the teams need to be in prior to that jsut leave me out as i wont know until thursday.

gerard65 wrote: »
    This is what I was planning doing. I persume this is OK? with the team event and all.

Of course as long as I'm not on your team :D,
    I think Friday morning we'll pick the teams, so come on Boards AC members stick your name down before 12 noon on Friday, we have 11 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I'd love to do this but I'd have to go on the hop from my first day in college, damn you life goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'm registered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Me too and the way beepbeep's been running I wanna be on his team :)

• Advertisement

Thanks - I think I'm good up to 7k, beyond that I'm in 'no man's land' - should be fun though!

Me three, I'll happily take either of you also!

Do we need to pre-register, or can I just turn up on the day as per normal with BHAA races?

^ As Gerard said above, you'll be able to reg on the day (they won't turn anyone away), but as it's the same price online I just reg'd there, might mean 2 extra mins in the bed Saturday morning!

No chip timing last year, wonder if they'll have it this year. Anybody know if they will have chip timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Nope, according to http://www.gersrunning.com/.

Km markers and the usual BHAA timing as far as I can see.

Right then, these are the prizes on offer

1. Pearl izumi 200 euro voucher for the winning team
    2. Pearl izumi 50 euro voucher based on a name in a hat, this will be excluding the winning team.
    3. Pearl izumi running jacket (retail price 90 euro, I think) for the fastest boardsie finisher. To be eligible for this you must register your name here on this thread before midnight on Friday and you must be a boards registered user from before this September.

Also it would be appreciated if people could hang around to collect their prizes and if they could wear the Boards AC singlet (hoping to get a picture either before or after the race), the Bhaa are fantastic at getting results done quickly so I doubt you'll be waiting long.

Finally the most important prize of the day is the Boards AC Run Like An Animal Cup which will be awarded to the winning team.

I can't wait and a big big thanks to Ger and Pearl izumi for their support and cool prizes

Register for fastest Boardsie, prize number 3
    Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    shels4ever
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane

Look forward to seeing you all in your club colours running like animals on Saturday morning.

Ger

Pearl izumi 10k 12th Sept, team event
    christeb |10m 70:47| 42:15
    Kevinkilbane |5m 36:00| 45:08

So based on the above teams would be

A-Beepbeep + Stmochtas
    B-Slogger + Louthandproud
    C-Peckham + Kevinkilbane
    D-Gerard65 + DP
    E-Woddle + Shels
    F-Christeb + Ral3

So I'm predicting a close one between team F and C :D

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Woddle;62043142So I'm predicting a close one between team F and C :D[/QUOTE]

hhhmmm...the winning team could come from anywhere there.

I can't wait until this race. Haven't raced since March :eek:, and this will be the first time I've been in a race competing for a prize (every other race has just been me and the clock). Should give all of us something to push on for if we start to struggle in the closing kms.

We'll all be aware of the "seedings" in this, and I'm expecting big grins as you overtake a person seeded above you!

Those are some great prizes, and I can see the banter from whatever happens on Saturday continuing for some time to come! ;)

I can see the banter from whatever happens on Saturday continuing for some time to come! ;)

Hopefully carry that momentum into the novice and give a good account of ourselves

Bump

2. Pearl izumi 50 euro voucher based on a name in a hat, this will be excluding the winning team.
    3. Pearl izumi running jacket (retail price 90 euro, I think) for the fastest boardsie finisher. To be eligible for this you must register your name here on this thread before midnight on Friday and you must be a boards registered user from before this September.

Also it would be appreciated if people could hang around to collect their prizes and if they could wear the Boards AC singlet (hoping to get a picture either before or after the race), the Bhaa are fantastic at getting results done quickly so I doubt you'll be waiting long.

Finally the most important prize of the day is the Boards AC Run Like An Animal Cup which will be awarded to the winning team.

I can't wait and a big big thanks to Ger and Pearl izumi for their support and cool prizes

Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    shels4ever
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane

OOOOh, I can feel the juices flowin' - LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Bump

Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    shels4ever
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane

Think I will have to target prize number 2 above.

Think I will have to target prize number 2 above.

Don't let slogger hear you saying that :D

• Advertisement

Coooool, looking fwd to this even more now :)

And I presume tunguska is giving us 7 mins in the handicap stakes for Prize 3????

Those are some great prizes, and I can see the banter from whatever happens on Saturday continuing for some time to come! ;)
    + super prizes there.

shels4ever wrote: »
    + super prizes there.

Me and you partner, all the way, I think I'll get myself a new pair of runners, what about you? :D

Me and you partner, all the way, I think I'll get myself a new pair of runners, what about you? :D
    once the legs hold up i'll be giving it a lash :) ... Whats your pb by the way? mine is 54 mins :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement