Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards AC Promo for 2nd Pearl Izumi " Run Like An Animal 10K" 12th September

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

shels4ever wrote: »
    once the legs hold up i'll be giving it a lash :) ... Whats your pb by the way? mine is 54 mins :)

45 or sth :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Woddle wrote: »
    45 or sth :D
    So 42ish this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Fair play to yee. I wish our club done something similar to make everyone (exept the best people) feel like they are racing for something other than the clock. Good idea.

Gonna run this myself and looking forward. Good luck.

Frank Duffy 10m: 70min 42sec
    McMillan 10km: 42min 12sec
    Target: 41min 20sec

Right then, these are the prizes on offer

1. Pearl izumi 200 euro voucher for the winning team
    2. Pearl izumi 50 euro voucher based on a name in a hat, this will be excluding the winning team.
    3. Pearl izumi running jacket (retail price 90 euro, I think) for the fastest boardsie finisher. To be eligible for this you must register your name here on this thread before midnight on Friday and you must be a boards registered user from before this September.

Also it would be appreciated if people could hang around to collect their prizes and if they could wear the Boards AC singlet (hoping to get a picture either before or after the race), the Bhaa are fantastic at getting results done quickly so I doubt you'll be waiting long.

Finally the most important prize of the day is the Boards AC Run Like An Animal Cup which will be awarded to the winning team.

I can't wait and a big big thanks to Ger and Pearl izumi for their support and cool prizes

Register for fastest Boardsie, prize number 3
    Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    shels4ever
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane
    Misty floyd

Alright misty I just put your name down for a chance of the 3rd prize, it's open to non boards ac members aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

2. Pearl izumi 50 euro voucher based on a name in a hat, this will be excluding the winning team.
    3. Pearl izumi running jacket (retail price 90 euro, I think) for the fastest boardsie finisher. To be eligible for this you must register your name here on this thread before midnight on Friday and you must be a boards registered user from before this September.

Also it would be appreciated if people could hang around to collect their prizes and if they could wear the Boards AC singlet (hoping to get a picture either before or after the race), the Bhaa are fantastic at getting results done quickly so I doubt you'll be waiting long.

Finally the most important prize of the day is the Boards AC Run Like An Animal Cup which will be awarded to the winning team.

I can't wait and a big big thanks to Ger and Pearl izumi for their support and cool prizes

Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    shels4ever
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane
    Misty floyd
    Stupid Private

C'mon legs. They haven't been in the mood for racing since March - time to change that!

Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane
    Misty floyd
    Stupid Private

Right I'm out of this :( . Tried a tempo this evening and not 100% so not going to rick a race with only a few week till the XC starts . Will pop along to the race anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Peckham

Stupid Private

...and there goes the running jacket! :)

Peckham wrote: »

Q bazman ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Sure didn't someone else post saying they were aiming for 32 mins?! Feck that - that's well out of my range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

C'mon Louthandproud be positive!

Can we stick a big hill in the middle of this circuit to suit me and the other hill sloggers :)

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »

Right I'm out of this :( . Tried a tempo this evening and not 100% so not going to rick a race with only a few week till the XC starts . Will pop along to the race anyway.

Ah thats a shame but your right, xc is more important. OK we need one more or we'll have to work a plan B out for the lone ranger (me), maybe a team of 3 with first 2 to score, I dunno any thoughts if we can't get a replacement

C'mon Louthandproud be positive!

Can we stick a big hill in the middle of this circuit to suit me and the other hill sloggers :)

eh no :D but your downhill skills wil be needed down the Ballycullen rd

Yeah, reckon you could do a random draw so that you could make up a team of 3 with best 2 to score. As good a way as any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Ah thats a shame but your right, xc is more important. OK we need one more or we'll have to work a plan B out for the lone ranger (me), maybe a team of 3 with first 2 to score, I dunno any thoughts if we can't get a replacement

Ok then count me out, so you'll have an even number for pairs. I shouldn't really be running with a dodgy leg anyway.

Ok then count me out, so you'll have an even number for pairs. I shouldn't really be running with a dodgy leg anyway.

Not yet, give it time anyway plus I have an idea but appreciate the offer :D your a gentleman

Not yet, give it time anyway plus I have an idea but appreciate the offer :D your a gentleman

Offers there if you need it, so if you're stuck at 12 tomorrow, I'm out, no problem. 2 from teams of 3 doesn't work, its gotta be a race where everyone is going eyeballs out, every second counts!

Offers there if you need it, so if you're stuck at 12 tomorrow, I'm out, no problem. 2 from teams of 3 doesn't work, its gotta be a race where everyone is going eyeballs out, every second counts!

Yep agreed I really like the format and I did a few estimates of finishing times and its very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Is there a prize for slowest boardsie? :pac:

Think I'd be in the running for it if there was... I'm hoping for 55-58 minutes here!

Is there a prize for slowest boardsie? :pac:

Think I'd be in the running for it if there was... I'm hoping for 55-58 minutes here!

afraid not but if it helps you'll probably be the first female boardsie accross the line.
    Actually its a little disappointing that out of the 21 registered BAC members we've only got 2 females (good ones at that), a few have had good intentions, so maybe I'll have to go actively recruiting. So what do you say RK? :D

• Advertisement

I was just thinking on this, and I most definately won't be going eyeballs out (and if I did my physio would kill me), so I'll pull out now. I did an easy 9k earlier and my leg is still tight and hurting. No point in exacerbating the injury, pity coz I'd have liked to give this race a good whack.

Best of luck to all running it! Sorry Woddle, but you'll get a chance to beat me some other time!

Sorry Woddle, but you'll get a chance to beat me some other time!

You won't be injured next time though :D
    Sorry to hear that, will you still be there on the day?

A-Beepbeep + Stmochtas
    B-Slogger + Louthandproud
    C-Peckham + Kevinkilbane
    D-Gerard65 + Ral3
    E-Woddle + Christeb

Slight change in teams, remember these are all based on the handicaps given, fastest + slowest and so on. Teams could still change if we have more entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

[/quote]
    A-Beepbeep + Stmochtas
    C-Peckham + Kevinkilbane
    D-Gerard65 + Ral3
    E-Woddle + Christeb

Slight change in teams, remember these are all based on the handicaps given, fastest + slowest and so on. Teams could still change if we have more entries.[/quote]

Looking forward to the race, I take it that there will be an age handicapping system in place also - younger runners like yourself Woddle having to carry a bag of spuds around with them or something to that effect.........??????

I'm doing the best I can for you, I'm sitting here eating the wifes birthday cake for brekky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'm doing the best I can for you, I'm sitting here eating the wifes birthday cake for brekky :p

You better shape up partner, plenty of R&R today!

christeb wrote: »
    You better shape up partner, plenty of R&R today!

Sorry partner what I should have said is I'm eating a slice of cake while covered in black bags and sitting on an exercise bike in the sauna room

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that, will you still be there on the day?

Afraid not. It's a 100mile round trip from my house, and as "Saturday races away from the family" are taken from the set of all things that will be used against me in a future divorce hearing, I tend to use them wisely;).

Besides, I've paid my entry already, if I went up there I'd be sure to run to get "value for money", which my tight muscles are now telling me is a very bad idea.

It should be a real interesting team race!

Afraid not. It's a 100mile round trip from my house, and as "Saturday races away from the family" are taken from the set of all things that will be used against me in a future divorce hearing, I tend to use them wisely;).

!

Yep I can relate to this so totally understandable. Hopefully this race will be a success and we can run sth similar in the future at other races.
    A few years back I was playing pitch n' putt and we would have a competition seperate to the main one. The senior players every Sunday would each put up a fiver and the winner would take home 70-80 euro. No reason why we couldn't be doing sth similar. Only a thought and obviously like pnp it would be handicapped based and when you win you loose a shot or in our case you loose 10 seconds.

Just thinking a bit more about the previous post. Example 40 minutes for 10k is sratch, SJ runs 38 for 10k so his handicap is +2:00, I run 42 so my handicap is -2:00. So next race SJ runs 38:10 and I run 42:15, SJ wins when handicaps are added 40:10 compared to 40:15, SJ is now docked 10 seconds giving him a new handicap of +1:50 and that increases everyone elses chance of winning for next time except SJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

And I presume tunguska is giving us 7 mins in the handicap stakes for Prize 3????

I dont know about that christeb, Im feeling a little dodgy this week. Made the mistake of training the legs in the gym for the first time in about 2 months on wed and my quads are killing me. Hopefully the pain will have subsided a little by tomorrow and I'll give it my best shot.
    I think you'll easily do a sub 40 tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip on how to set the Garmin to record my splits by the way, worked a treat.
    Cheers

tunguska wrote: »
    I dont know about that christeb, Im feeling a little dodgy this week. Made the mistake of training the legs in the gym for the first time in about 2 months on wed and my quads are killing me. Hopefully the pain will have subsided a little by tomorrow and I'll give it my best shot.
    I think you'll easily do a sub 40 tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip on how to set the Garmin to record my splits by the way, worked a treat.
    Cheers

Good man, yeah looking fwd to tomorrow now, have a little bout of the sniffles but hopefully I'll be 100% on the start line.

• Advertisement

Here is the race profile http://connect.garmin.com/activity/13051989 , I drove it with the garmin. The course is bang on and the km markers are marked with red spray paint on the left lane of the road. There will also be signs going up in the morning.

Also if anyone who is not running and would like to help steward between the hours of 10 and 11:30 let me know, Ger has informed me there is a free run like an animal tech t-shirt for anyone who helps out.

21 minutes! You'll be guaranteed the jacket (and possibly a place in the history books) if you repeat that tomorrow ;)

Here is the race profile http://connect.garmin.com/activity/13051989 , I drove it with the garmin. The course is bang on and the km markers are marked with red spray paint on the left lane of the road. There will also be signs going up in the morning.

Also if anyone who is not running and would like to help steward between the hours of 10 and 11:30 let me know, Ger has informed me there is a free run like an animal tech t-shirt for anyone who helps out.

My buddy Greg can do some stewarding, will you let Ger know? We should be there for 10 no probs.

My buddy Greg can do some stewarding, will you let Ger know? We should be there for 10 no probs.

Great I'll tell him now, thanks. So far we've got 2 from the site and am waiting to hear back from another 2, I'll pm you Gers number and maybe Greg can give him a call and he'll explain where he wants him and what size Tech shirt he is.

A-Beepbeep + Stmochtas
    C-Peckham + Kevinkilbane
    D-Gerard65 + Ral3
    E-Woddle + Christeb

I'm heading to bed now so I'm closing registration early, so these are the teams so best of luck.

and for prize 3
    Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane
    Misty floyd
    Stupid Private

Singlets
    singlets available for 25 euro if needed I'll have them with me in the car.
    2xmedium singlets left, one going to kevinkilbane
    3xlarge singlets left, one going to gerard65
    Best of luck everyone don't forget your singlets and don't forget to say hi and make yourself known especially after, should be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

enjoy and don't forget the suncream :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Seeing as ill be there ill put my name in but will be nowhere near you lads

and for prize 3
    Woddle
    Sloggerjogger
    stmochtas
    donothoponpop
    Beepbeep67
    Peckham
    Christeb
    gerard65
    Ral3
    Louthandproud
    tungunska
    Kevinkilbane
    Misty floyd
    Stupid Private
    gerire

Good stuff Gerire, I drove the course this morning to put up the km markers and there is not even so much as a breeze, I predict alot of pbs today, my advice would be make the best of the downhill on Ballycullen road and run steady up the firhouse road before going mad again down the hill.

Pre-race excitement reached a new level about 10 minutes ago when I put on my (rather tight fitting) Boards AC singlet for the first time! :D

Also dreamt last night that I finished the marathon in 3:00:20.........on a bike. Not sure what that means.

Pre-race excitement reached a new level about 10 minutes ago when I put on my (rather tight fitting) Boards AC singlet for the first time! :D

Also dreamt last night that I finished the marathon in 3:00:20.........on a bike. Not sure what that means.

I have an extra medium if you want to swap them.

• Advertisement

I have an extra medium if you want to swap them.

It's fine - will give me an extra encouragement to keep the weight off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Pearl izumi 10k 12th Sept, team event
    Name| Race Time| McMillian 10K Equiv|Actual time
    woddle | 5 mile in 33'30 | 42 mins
    Shels4ever|3000m 11:48|42:45
    Louthandproud | 10K 45:46| 45:46
    donothoponpop | marathon 3:26| 43:54
    Gerard65 |2mile 12:18|41:29|43:24
    BeepBeep67|2 mile 11:24|38:27:eek:
    Slogger Jogger|10k 39:21|39:21
    RAL3|10M 70:44|42:13
    stmochtas|5M 36:47|46:06
    Peckham|half marathon 1:28:30|39:46
    christeb |10m 70:47| 42:15
    Kevinkilbane |5m 36:00| 45:08

Slogger Jogger|10k 39:21|39:21
    christeb |10m 70:47| 42:15 | 39.33 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Great run christeb

Well done everyone today, some great runs there and a few nice pb's to boot. Was a super day for the race and really wish i was running.

Slogger Jogger|10k 39:21|39:21|37:24 :DPB:D

Great race. Well organised. Fab weather. Great to meet the other boardsies and Boards were name-checked well at the finish PA. A run like an animal t would have been nice but I'll happily take that PB :D

Fair play to all for turning up and running. It was great to see so many blue singlets out and about. A big thanks to Ger for putting on a quality and most importantly accurate race in which I think all boardsies set pbs. The prizes put on were also fantastic (thanks again Ger) and the prizes went to the following.
    200 euro voucher for Peckham and kevinkilbane, they also took the trophy and will now be paired together for next year so they can defend their title.
    50 euro voucher was won by louthandproud and fastest boardsie was tungunska who finished a few meters ahead of stupidprivate.
    A big thanks to shels, Limbo and Greg who offered themselves up for steward duty.
    Things are looking very promising for Boards AC and their debut in the novice xc. Bring it on.
    Also congrats to those that set pbs but a big kudos to those that went sub 40 for the first time, christeb and mistyfloyd.

woddle | 5 mile in 33'30 | 42 mins |44:11 still a PB:D
    Slogger Jogger|10k 39:21|39:21|37:24 :DPB:D

• Advertisement

Lindie Naughtons pictures are coming on line, a few boards singlets in the mix, thanks Lindie.

Advertisement