Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervaly Furniture

• 04-08-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, I have some of the supervalu furniture - blanket box, tv cabinet, hall table and a tall boy (as do most Irish Houses)
    My query is I want to paint them but I'm sure you can't just lash on paint, I'm sure there are steps to be taken, primer etc, any advice please????? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i know the stuff you are talking about., give them a good ol sand. primer maybe unnessecary.

what colour you intending painting it? white may be an issue as for as i remeber most of the furniture is pine and pine has an awful habit of noticably discolouring white paint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Martron wrote: »
    i know the stuff you are talking about., give them a good ol sand. primer maybe unnessecary.

what colour you intending painting it? white may be an issue as for as i remeber most of the furniture is pine and pine has an awful habit of noticably discolouring white paint

+1 there is also another product called "Makes paint stick" its a spray and you spray it on a bad surface before painting. Then it does what it say it makes your paint stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Look for a product called ESP (Easy Surface Primer) All you do is clean the surfaces, wipe with ESP and 2 hours later paint away.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

A good sanding, followed by a rub down with white spirits. Leave to dry and then undercoat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bernadette11

Aliboo wrote: »
    Hi there, I have some of the supervalu furniture - blanket box, tv cabinet, hall table and a tall boy (as do most Irish Houses)
    My query is I want to paint them but I'm sure you can't just lash on paint, I'm sure there are steps to be taken, primer etc, any advice please????? :confused:

Hi Aliboo,
    I am lookiong for 2 second hand Super Valu blanket Boxe's etc. Do you still have the super valu furniture please?

Bernadette11 :)
    (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I painted that exact blanket box two weeks ago. Used BIN primer first (shellac based), then 2 coats of soft sheen in a very pale green, looks brilliant!

Advertisement