Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Coffee in Town

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

-K2- wrote: »
    Il Valentino on Pearse St/Grand Canal Quay is my favourite. Top notch coffee, good food (if a little too good...).

The service is excellent - if the staff see me crossing the street on a weekday morning they start to make my coffee before I even reach the door.

True, the morning staff are excellent. The afternoon/evening staff aren't as clued in but the coffee is always top notch not to mention the pastries...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GetTheFFOut

Third Floor Exit in the Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street, great coffee made by a world champion barista nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Third Floor Exit in the Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street, great coffee made by a world champion barista nonetheless.

Third Floor Espresso! :D

Yeah its nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Carluccio's on Dawson Street. They ask you which blend you want - Napoli (robust) or Milano (smooth). Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere, great food both savoury and sweet. Although it's not exactly cheap it won't break the bank if you're just getting a couple of coffees. They have outdoor seating too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Carluccio's on Dawson Street. They ask you which blend you want - Napoli (robust) or Milano (smooth). Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere, great food both savoury and sweet. Although it's not exactly cheap it won't break the bank if you're just getting a couple of coffees. They have outdoor seating too.

Fixx across the road is cool too (seems to own or be owned by the Bald Barista). Cosy, private interior, outside seating too.

Bald Barista has the most fantastic sweet things to go with your coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Probs be shot down for this! But my fav place to go for a coffee is Starbucks on Dame Street, I love their drip coffee, Pike Place. If its a sunny day, sitting outside under the trees across from College Green is a great spot for people watching and relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

heavenly cafe in templebar does pretty nice coffee imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dudara wrote: »
    Should have mentioned Cafe Caligostro (?) in the Italian Quarter. Great cofee and nice place.

I love Caffe Cagliostro. Really friendly staff and good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

My favorite has closed down :( It went by several names over the last few months,the last being Shanahans. It was down on John Rogersons Quay beside State street bank, who, I'm informed, have taken the place over as a private canteen for staff. I'm sickened TBH, the nearest coffee now is either Spar on Grand Canal or the Italian place beside face book,which seems to have a strange taste to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭strife

nicest coffee in town is the roasted bean cafe on the bottom of talbot st, its by far and away the best coffee iv ever had :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

strife wrote: »
    nicest coffee in town is the roasted bean cafe on the bottom of talbot st, its by far and away the best coffee iv ever had :D

duely noted.. i'll be trying that out on my next venture into town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LarryClavin

heavenly cafe in templebar does pretty nice coffee imo

I have encountered a very VERY rude waitress at Heavenly recently, usually it's an ok place, but this waitress seems to have a people problem... not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

la corte for me,excellent coffee!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Was in The Bald Barista yesterday, was nice, nothing special though.

Also, didn't know there was a hostel there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I'll back this up. I get my coffee there on the way to work each morning. They have another store on Mary St by Capel St which is equally good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Were is this..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Dub13 wrote: »

Were is this..?

The Connolly Station end of the street. Almost beside Graingers pub.

Advertisement