Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty issue

Options
  • 04-08-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I got a warranty issue with an item I bought from a company just over 1 year ago. The item has developed a fault and is well within the 2 year warranty, no issue there.
    However, the vendor of the item has turned around and said to me that he's not going to help me as he's now a sole trader (but still a agent/seller of this brand/item)and the item I bought from him was from his Limited company which ceased to trade earlier this year. He's basically trying to leave me high and dry?
    Where do I stand - anyone been in this situation previously? I haven't contact the consumer agency yet but just curious as to peoples thoughts/experience.

Thanks,
    NIF

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As far as I recall it would go one step up then to the manufacturer if the original sales company is going belly up; not sure on the status of such a change as this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Limited companies have limited liabilities. Bit of a legal tiresome mindfield there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

UPDATE;

Ok, so I called the consumer agency.
    My statutory rights are not affected and he has to deal with my warranty claim.
    My contract was with him, regardless of his old limitecd co not longer trading. One to remember ehhhhhhhhhhh.

ohhhhhhhhh, and good news, the supplier in question has committed to sortting me out with a new replaclemt item under warranty! Happy Days.
    Still, good to know your rights.

Advertisement