Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tai Chi Clonmel/Cahir Area

Options
  • 04-08-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi. Does anyone know of any classes in the Clonmel/Cahir area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Can't say i do.what does Tai Chi consist of anyway if you don't mind me asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Is it like Kata?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Boolana

I don't know what Kata is. I don't know a lot about Tai Chi myself other than the fact that is based on a series of flowing movements. I used to work with a girl who was a huge fan and said it was very calming. I am keen to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I know a guy in Clonmel, John Aylwood is his name, he runs a Karate class but had a guy in offering a Tai Chi class. If I can get his No. I'll post it for you. Was also another place in Tipp town but don't know alot about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I know a guy who used to do Tai Chi classes in clonmel. Up by the church in Irishtown, in the community centre around there. He used to do it on thursday nights. This was about 4 years ago... Not sure what's going on there now. His name is George. I'll see if I can find out a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

That class has closed now overblood. They don't train there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

So George doesn't teach aka-na-ryu up there any more?

Did you know that he has a dojo up the mountains? I went up there to do my green belt grading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Boolana

Thanks guys. If you can find numbers for either of these people I'd be very grateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scootie doo

Check out www.taichiclonmel.com, this is the club that John Aylward was involved with. Beginners train Monday nights at 7:45pm in St. Peter & Paul's Primary school Clonmel. Send text to number on the contact section and you receive a reply. Hope this helps.

Advertisement