Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe walking DIT Aungier St to Pearse Station late at night?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Basically I'm starting a part time degree course in September in Aungier Street and just wqanted to know if it's safe enough to walk to dart from there at round 10 o'clock at night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

im a wimp if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

its fine. just walk straight down georges st and turn onto dame st. stay in brightly lit areas. I've never had a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Should be fine. If you follow the directions ToTheSea: gives you'll be fine. You could head down Georges St. or, if you head toward the LUAS lines, and turn left, you'll be at Stephen's Green/Grafton St. within 3 or 4 minutes of leaving college. Well lit all the way and there's often quite a few people walking about too so you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littlewopper

yes it is okay, i have walked this route after dark all through winter..... never had any trouble...... if you are unsure of the area or route, my only tip would be ' always pretend you know where you are going even if you dont!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Route wise I'd suggest cutting straight to the Luas, down Dawson st, down Nassau st, and then just follow wall of Trinity til you get to the station. Always plenty of cars going by this way but much less dodgey characters about.

• Advertisement

thanks hopefully ill make some friends i can stalk all the way to the dart

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Its safe enough but there is always a chance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Are you a girl or a boy? Being a wimp has nothing to do with it. If you are jumped by three or four lads it isn't going to make a difference how strong you are. The poster who said always look like you know where your'e going gave you good advice. Don't delay. Walk fast but don't appear nervous or like you are running away. Don't look down at the ground, look up and straight ahead. Don't make eye contact. If someone does give you hassle then you can run.

I probably made it sound a lot more dangerous than it really is with that advice. I've been down around there many times at night this year and I've never had any trouble. Its mainly junkies and homeless and people out for the night on the quays at that time. Your biggest threat is the aggressive drunk.

yea u worried me there. im a girl, im 21 but im just d person people wud frickin luv 2beat up like honestly i was told tho not to bring my baby louis vuitton bag anywhere near the place:D... i was on my way home from dundrum the other day and was like oh i'll go have a look and see how im supposed to get there and it was a culture shock i was like..this cannot be good!!!

actually can i just say im not being a snob or anything it's just that my friend was murdered last year just walking home... does kind of fill you with fear

Advertisement