Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Shrimp Paste

Options
  • 04-08-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Can anyone suggest where I could buy shrimp paste and tamarind (separate!).
    Any stores you recommend for Thai / Indonesian Ingredients?

Thank you very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 booah

Hi all.
    Can anyone suggest where I could buy shrimp paste and tamarind (separate!).
    Any stores you recommend for Thai / Indonesian Ingredients?

Thank you very much

you can get shrimp paste in the indian store on mary street (just off henry street)

a good place for thai/indonesian ingredients is the oriental market (not sure if its the proper name) which is situated between george st and grafton st - hopefully someone could give the correct street name?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

booah wrote: »
    a good place for thai/indonesian ingredients is the oriental market (not sure if its the proper name) which is situated between george st and grafton st - hopefully someone could give the correct street name?

That would be 'Asia Market' on Drury Street.

However, the OP doesn't even give the general area that they are in. Boards isn't Dublin-centric. They could live in Kilmacow for all we know. In which case, there is a good little asian food shop on the quays on Waterford near The Granville Hotel. (That's all you're getting from me. I'll be fecked if I'm going to give directions to every asian store in the country at this hour of the morning. :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Thank you very much gents!
    much appreciated.
    Shamrock

Advertisement