Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing Boiler prices please

Options
  • 04-08-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get some estimates on what people got for oil condensing boilers. The one I need to get prices for is a 90,000 BTU with balanced flue? Also is such a type boiler covered under the Heating Grant Scheme? If not what should I be looking for in comparison.

One final request, when did the building regs come in stating that all new oil boilers need to be condensing (only asking as builder included a normal boiler in his original quote).

Cheers
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

jasgrif11 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get some estimates on what people got for oil condensing boilers. The one I need to get prices for is a 90,000 BTU with balanced flue? Also is such a type boiler covered under the Heating Grant Scheme? If not what should I be looking for in comparison.

Yes! Oil condensing boilers are included in the SEI grant scheme when installed in conjunction with heating controls.
    jasgrif11 wrote: »
    One final request, when did the building regs come in stating that all new oil boilers need to be condensing (only asking as builder included a normal boiler in his original quote).

If my memory serves me right, not always:rolleyes:, it was March 2008!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi guys - just saw this thread.

I didn't realise that it was a requirement to have a condensing boiler in a house.

I'm building now and will be getting to the boiler installation in a few weeks. Are you saying that i MUST have a condensing boiler, as opposed to a regular boiler ??

OP - not trying to hijack your thread - I can move this to a new thread if you would prefer....

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Are you saying that i MUST have a condensing boiler, as opposed to a regular boiler ??

The building regs don't actually say you must fit a condensing boiler but as I am not aware of a non-condensing boiler that is more than 86% efficient (Regs requirement!!) it has to be condensing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Also just to add, if it is a new build, you will not get a grant. Grant is only availible for homes built before 06.

Is the 86% efficiency introduced in 2008 a requirement on current houses being built, or in house with planning application granted past 2008 ? (As my planning grant was pre 2008)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Is the 86% efficiency introduced in 2008 a requirement on current houses being built, or in house with planning application granted past 2008 ? (As my planning grant was pre 2008)

Regs aren't retrospective, if you had planning before they don't apply.

It would be crazy of you not to fit one though.

TBH, I hadn't looked into it.

Is there much of an efficiency difference between a regular boiler and a condensing boiler ?

Advertisement