Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom to UPC

Options
  • 04-08-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    In Limerick and Eircom BB becomes unbelievably terrible at nights (fine during the days when I really don't need it) more times then not.

So i'm going to get the ball rolling to move to a more satisfactory service I hope.... Anyone out there who's gone down this route care to indulge some Q&A?

-In practise how much time does it take to setup if your already getting cable TV from UPC?

-Can you check / send email with your old Eircom mail addresses via POP3 / SMTP when on a UPC IP? I know some ISPs block access if your not on their network.

-Can the UPC supplied modem be put into bridging mode? I presume most retail cable modems should work fine with UPC?

Thanks.

Advertisement