Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trim Exhibition

• 04-08-2009 9:29pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

There is a young girl from Trim, Louise Slevin who holding an exhibition of her photos in the library in Trim, Co. Meath. She's a photography student so some of you probably know her. She doesn't post here - yet!
    The exhibition opens on Thursday evening (Free wine!) and runs for two weeks so if anyone is passing through why not drop in. She's showing 25 photos but I don't know what the subjects are. I heven't seen any of her work apart from a protrait of my first born up a tree with an apple in his hand! Good picture though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Any time for the opening - is the opening invitation only - is the idea that if you drink enough wine that you might be encouraged to part with your hard earned cash? (not that there's anything wrong with that!) :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

AFAIK it's in the evening - 7'ish and it's open to all. I don't know if she's actually selling the pics or just exhibiting as part of her college course - though I doubt if she'll refuse any reasonable offer:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

There is a young girl from Trim...
    ... who gave out that the light was quite dim ...

Anyone else have limerick thoughts going through their heads when they read this ? :D

... who gave out that the light was quite dim ...

Anyone else have limerick thoughts going through their heads when they read this ? :D

It goes something like this;

"The town of Trim was dark and dim
    and in it stood a steeple.
    In every door there stood a whore,
    to mock the decent people."

That is part of an actual song/verse from way back - mind you, don't think much has changed:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

"The town of Trim was dark and dim
    and it stood a steeple.
    to mock the decent people."

That is part of an actual song/verse from way back - mind you, don't think much has changed:P

:eek::eek: Better call Valentia .......

Feckin cheek ..... :P

Sounds good. Will try to pop in on the way home.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    is the idea that if you drink enough wine that you might be encouraged to part with your hard earned cash?....

There may be something deeper going on here!

\on topic - I'll try get out there tomorrow night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Must take a peek.

Nothing dark and dim here with the empty OPW offices lighting up the whole town all night. They must be getting free electricity!!

Popped in for a look at the exhibition today. It's quite small - 25 pics or so, but interesting.
    Most of it is a story line about "Through the lookong Glass" I think with some good PP work. Worth a look anyway if you're passing.

Advertisement