Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deckstand

• 04-08-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Looking for a decent deckstand at a reasonable price... tried the shop in Capel St. but 200 euro seems a lot for what is essentially just a table. Nothing on adverts.ie... anyone know any other good DJ gear shops in Dublin area? Or fancy selling me one :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

see my sig?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Daroxtar can you perhaps put up a few photos of the kind of thing you have done and rough price guidelines? I'm sure I can get you some business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Zascar wrote: »
    Daroxtar can you perhaps put up a few photos of the kind of thing you have done and rough price guidelines? I'm sure I can get you some business!

Yeah would be interested in seeing this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Heres the pics of the one i did for donkeykingkong. Check out the poser. If Djing fails him he has a future in catalogue modelling:D:D.

That was a fairly quickly thrown together one but depending on what people want i can come up with different styles and degrees of finish. If anyone sees a stand advertised just show me the pic and i will definately beat the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

www.htfr.com have lots of them and good prices with cheap delivery

stephen112 wrote: »
    Looking for a decent deckstand at a reasonable price... tried the shop in Capel St. but 200 euro seems a lot for what is essentially just a table. Nothing on adverts.ie... anyone know any other good DJ gear shops in Dublin area? Or fancy selling me one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 stephen112

I thought HTFR was really expensive actually, at the end of the day it's just a big table. There's place called Soundworks had one for 112, pretty reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If you can afford this one get it, can do for 1210's or CDJ's. Have one in the bedroom, looks smart and doesn't clutter up the room. :)

Comes delivered in a flat pack, I wouldn't recommend them for gigging as it is a bit light and if there is any movement in the floor it will shake. I keep an amplifier in the empty space in Pict to give it a bit of rigidity.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/sefour/x25black

1119438074-21178.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Pricey for what is only a glorified table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Pricey for what is only a glorified table!

Designer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

I just got some MDF & made a basic table & cd/record storage unit. Drilled holes to allow me to run leads etc through it Then covered it with that felt material used in car audio installs (also handy for hiding my shoddy carpentry!) & got 3 nice, sturdy laptop stands on htfr for £30 a piece for my 2 CDJs & EFX.
    index.php?catno=MR317161

The laptop stands have the perfect angle to work with while mixing & the height adjustment on them allowed me to have them high enough to slide my turntables & mixer neatly in under them & still have loads of room to throw in a few fancy hand movements when cranking the bass.;) I added a few coloured tube lights for decoration afterwards, just to show it all off.:cool:

Blue Peter ain't got a patch on me!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Post some Picks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Here's my one, got my little brother to weld up four metal trestles, painted in anti-rust paint, and shelved with 8 planks of 10 foot x 2 foot pinewood.

I'll do my best to get some pics up tomorrow. As for today, I'm a Spurs fan, from Tipperary so just a tad bit of celebrating to be done!!:D;)

Post some Picks!

Can't make up my mind on how I want em set up!! Here's my bedroom setup in its many different arrangements. Please excuse the wiring, that's next on my to-do list!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When I finally get my dream vehicle, a VW Type2, I'm gonna build in a stand for my laptop, controller and soundcard under one of the seats and put it on 6/8 arms that I can just pop it up when necessary:) Someday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Taking texting while driving to a new level

Advertisement