Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options in Cobh

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I will be moving to Ireland (Cobh) next week and I was wondering if someone could help me with broadband options.

It seems like that in Ireland you have the option to have broadband together with a telephone line or just a mobile broadband option. I guess I don't really need a telephone line...

I read in a different thread that novanetworks.ie may be a good solution in the Cobh area.

I would appreciate any guidance regarding this subject.
    Many thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Nova Networks are supposed to be reliable but expensive. Where in Cobh are you moving to? If you're moving to the east side of the island where the phone lines are far from the exchange, there is the option of Amocom Internet, if you have line of sight with Aghada. If you're looking for an ADSL connection, UTV Internet will give you up to 7mb plus free local calls after 6pm for very cheap. I'm with UTV and my monthly bill is always around the 60 euro mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 movingtocobh

Azhrei wrote: »
    Nova Networks are supposed to be reliable but expensive. Where in Cobh are you moving to? If you're moving to the east side of the island where the phone lines are far from the exchange, there is the option of Amocom Internet, if you have line of sight with Aghada. If you're looking for an ADSL connection, UTV Internet will give you up to 7mb plus free local calls after 6pm for very cheap. I'm with UTV and my monthly bill is always around the 60 euro mark.

Hi there!
    Thank you for your reply!
    I have just moved to "The Spires".
    I will be checking UTV out to see how it works!!!
    Cheers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Give Amocom a call, they might be able to help you but I'm not sure if they're taking new customers in Cobh due to problems caused by the large expanse of water between their transmitter and you. They are expensive, but are rock solid reliable and have the best customer support that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 movingtocobh

Give Amocom a call, they might be able to help you but I'm not sure if they're taking new customers in Cobh due to problems caused by the large expanse of water between their transmitter and you. They are expensive, but are rock solid reliable and have the best customer support that I know of.

Thanks! I will check them out as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Im in Rushbrook best avail here is 3mb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

ya my brother lives in cobh and he was only able to get 3mb with scumcom

Advertisement