Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving Cert results night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

bythewoods wrote: »
    WHUT!? Shhhhtores is a great place to go out!
    I'm thinking of heading there even, assuming it's open!

I' think we'd all agree that the Music Factory is to be avoided at all costs though.

to!

Agreed, but dont think there's anything much going on in the stores! :eek:

Theres the beat 102-103 partay in the music factory, could be good, i guess id end up there more than likely

Last year there was one, yes one, pub with live music, which was packed out fairly fast! :rolleyes:

The music factory had a non alcoholic beat party last year, at least theyve learned their lesson for this year!

Knacker drinking sounds good now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Also, results etiquette, y'all.
    No matter how happy you are, there will always be a depressed few around.
    If you spend the night gloating, karma will eventually come around and bite you.
    I had to spend the day last year listening to my friends gloating away, drove me insane.
    Even though I actually did the same/ better than them, it was a real balls listening to their gloats and plans when I myself was prettttttty disappointed. Don't do it. Don't.
    I'm not saying don't be happy, I'm just saying- be careful who you show off to!

Did you murder your friends afterwards or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Ah come on if you actualy get a flat straight out 600 you disserve the right to gloat I mean thats something rare but I agree any person who starts boasting is going to be told to shut-up unless they have the magic number;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Did you murder your friends afterwards or something?

Yep.
    Gave 'em one too many slaps accross the fayshhh
    That'll feckin' learn 'em.
    Secoundrow wrote: »
    Ah come on if you actualy get a flat straight out 600 you disserve the right to gloat I mean thats something rare but I agree any person who starts boasting is going to be told to shut-up unless they have the magic number;)

No you don't.
    You can be happy/ proud/ etc without boating.
    That kind of carry on's just sickening.

Regardless of what results I do get, I won't be going around telling people about them, belittleing them or depressing them.
    Doesn't win you many fans if you go around gloating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Well I wont have much to boast about id say anyway come wensday
    :(
    so makes little difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

everyone will have something to boast about on wednesday...as everyone will do superb!!!
    adopting positive thinking......aka...delusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Yep.
    No you don't.
    You can be happy/ proud/ etc without boating.
    That kind of carry on's just sickening.

Regardless of what results I do get, I won't be going around telling people about them, belittleing them or depressing them.
    Doesn't win you many fans if you go around gloating.

Screw that! I'm going to invest in a big, shoulder mounted, electrically lit billboard so I can paint my points on it in luminous green paint!:D

But seriously though, it's a pretty shitty thing to do if the person isn't that jazzed over their results.

Last year I asked a guy I knew what he got a few days after they came out, just making conversation like I didn't put any thought behind it, he just said fine in a really serious voice and left it there, I felt like such a jerk. I won't be asking this year unless I'm actually asked myself, then it's probably ok to ask them in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Last night of Puck Fair = SWEET!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debz_x

I don't know if they're gonna be that strict on ID.
    The majority of us are underage, maybe they'll feel sorry for us? :rolleyes:
    Especially since most places are charging €15+ that night just to get in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

I've no real idea where to go.........might get a group of lads to go to the pub and see where that takes us...put I am not going to go as I've got a wedding on friday with a free bar...so happy days there!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

debz_x wrote: »
    I don't know if they're gonna be that strict on ID.
    The majority of us are underage, maybe they'll feel sorry for us? :rolleyes:
    Especially since most places are charging €15+ that night just to get in the door.

wow thats kind of weird to me that a lot of yous are underage. I was the youngest in my year and only just turned 18 last week

yous could always try doing passbacks with id's if you look somewhat like one of your overage friends, or a relatives, or if its busy use your own one, they sometimes just check to see if its you in the picture and its real, because who would be stupid enough to try and get in with an underage id :D

Dubs wrote: »
    or if its busy use your own one, they sometimes just check to see if its you in the picture and its real, because who would be stupid enough to try and get in with an underage id :D

Plenty of people, and they have been refused for being that stupid.

Anyway -

I hear Bondi are having a beach themed party, wear your own shorts and what not. Anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'm not going to go around asking people what they got.

Instead I am going to ask "Are you happy?"

Much nicer way of making sure all went well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Animo wrote: »
    Was thinkin bout that as well, with Kila playin and all... but most of my friends are going out in Tralee... So Fabric it is.

As for the person who'd rip their own arms off rather then spending their last ever night with their old friends... I just feel sorry for you to be honest.
    My friends were the only good thing that came out of Secondary School, and i'll feel privilaged to spend 1 last night with them before my real life starts.
    There are a few d1ckheads in every class, but ignore them... stick with your good friends... and enjoy the night... whatever your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Plenty of people, and they have been refused for being that stupid.

if they've no other choice though, what have they got to lose from trying?

i got an email from purty kitchen earlier saying theyre having a foam party on wednesday with all drinks being 2 euro for the night, sounds good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

DDC1990 wrote: »
    As for the person who'd rip their own arms off rather then spending their last ever night with their old friends... I just feel sorry for you to be honest.
    My friends were the only good thing that came out of Secondary School, and i'll feel privilaged to spend 1 last night with them before my real life starts.
    There are a few d1ckheads in every class, but ignore them... stick with your good friends... and enjoy the night... whatever your results.
    Well my "Friends" from school are all very boring and I have no interest in spending any time with them. Why on earth would you feel sorry for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

phasers wrote: »
    Well my "Friends" from school are all very boring and I have no interest in spending any time with them. Why on earth would you feel sorry for me?

Because you didn't make good friends like he did maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Animo wrote: »

I'd say puck will be great craic! Seeing as its the last night in all. Theres also the fireworks aswell and thats usually a great laugh. A bit annoying for me though as I'm from Killarney!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

Its diana vikers for me and then on to a club or pub not planning anything for after diana just going to see where the path leads me...cant wait..

my friends told me not to plan anything incase you end up with bad results but i love diana so have to go.......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Leejo wrote: »

Each to their own mate.

Anyway if you're planning to go out tomorrow in Dublin, Purty Kitchen in Temple Bar seems to be the best value for drinks. €2 for drinks. Not entirely sure how much it is in though.

Have fun you lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

I would just like to remind any Galway people here again, SPARCH if not all night then the first stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Leejo wrote: »
    Well instead of making presumptions and looking down on me maybe you could for one second thank that my friends just aren't in secondary school.

I'm not going out tomorrow because I don't want to be surrounded by drunken kids, that doesn't make me somebody to be pitied.

Anyway, this is veering off topic I think. Goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Masquerade

Does anyone know how much the door charge is in Bondi?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

phasers wrote: »
    Well instead of making presumptions and looking down on me maybe you could for one second thank that my friends just aren't in secondary school.

I'm not going out tomorrow because I don't want to be surrounded by drunken kids, that doesn't make me somebody to be pitied.

Anyway, this is veering off topic I think. Goodbye.

**** it mate. Stay in if you like. It's your day tomorrow as is it mine and although we may spend them differently that's not the point.

Good luck to you and enjoy yourself wherever you may be!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

To hell with pubs and clubs.
    Me and four of my best mates are going into Dublin early. We'll go around shops, then get dinner in a restaurant (possibly Yamamori's). After, we'll mess around in Stephen's Green.
    And finally, we'll go back to one of my mate's house and play Xbox and watch films all night. And drink, of course.
    Screw going to a crappy noisy crowded pub.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    To hell with pubs and clubs.
    Me and four of my best mates are going into Dublin early. We'll go around shops, then get dinner in a restaurant (possibly Yamamori's). After, we'll mess around in Stephen's Green.
    And finally, we'll go back to one of my mate's house and play Xbox and watch films all night. And drink, of course.
    Screw going to a crappy noisy crowded pub.

Who's going Eoin?:D

celtic723 wrote: »
    Who's going Eoin?:D
    Holy crap, who is this? I see Richy has also visited your page...

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Holy crap, who is this? I see Richy has also visited your page...

my name begins with R and ends in s. Pretty simple.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

It's a riddle :D

Ross?

Aaaah, Ross, lol. Jesus, how did you recognize me? :D