Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep eircom number - different town

• 04-08-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Does anybody know (cause half the staff in eircom dont) if I can keep my same business telephone number when moving from one town to another (about 5 miles apart)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You can only keep the same number if you move within the same exchange area. If you're moving to a different town it's unlikely you'll be connected to the same exchange. I'm open to correction but that's my understanding of it.

Someone posted here before about some convoluted way of keeping your old number active and Eircom forwards the calls to your new number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You can port your eircom number to a VoIP service like Blueface.ie or to UPC (if there's a cable phone service).

Eircom don't provide any ability to keep your number and move exchange, it's ridiculous as you can end up moving 1km down the road, or even just 1 street away in Cork or Dublin etc and end up served from a different exchange, and lose your number

There's really no reason for this, I'm pretty sure if eircom wanted to implement this they could without any problem.

Advertisement