Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, I am on prescription medication for anxiety problems for last two months. I am currently out of my medication at the moment and need to get more.

Heres the thing, I dont have money at the moment but am working. Do you think the chemist would give me the medication if I said to them that I would pay the money back later in the month. I realy need the medication but would it be stupid to go in and ask them this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Moved to LTI forum...although I suggest you ask your doctor or go to your pharmacy and ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well.. no harm in asking I guess. But I would assume unless it's a local pharmacy who you're on great terms with and have a history there, (and even then chances would be slim) they'd say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

Ye the chemist would know my familly well enough Id say. I was just thinking that it might be embarasssing to go in and ask a question like this. I realy need the medication though. Im on Lexapro and have been on it for two months. I have not taken any for 1 week now and Im getting bad headaches and my head is very dizzy so Need them fairly badly!

Are they very expensive? could you get a loan off a family member maybe?

star-pants wrote: »
    Are they very expensive? could you get a loan off a family member maybe?

Nah they are round 50 euro. I cant ask familly member as They dont know I am on the medication.

• Advertisement

Could you make up another reason for the money being needed maybe? Just being off them a week already, you're not supposed to stop tablets cold turkey like that. It may have unwanted effects, and then going back on them, you might want to ask your pharmacist about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

The pharmacy you usually go to should supply you with the medication provided they're open and operating the Community Drug Schemes.

If it's not your usual pharmacy they'll still probably give you the medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

May be a stupid question but are you eligible for a medical card? Have you asked about it? If you aren't because you are living at home or something then I think it's time to come clean with someone in your family. As star-pants says, you are not supposed to cold turkey on those meds, withdrawal should be gradual (lower dose, every second day etc.).

Either way, talk to your GP about this.

No problems with the chemist. They gave me the medication and Ill pay them back later.

I was feeling dizzy and all that when I was off the medication for a week. Do you guys think I should go to my Doctor and ask him should I go back on the medication straight away or should I be grand? Was only off them for a week but was getting mad headaches. Hopefully now Im back on the medication Ill be back to normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

No problems with the chemist. They gave me the medication and Ill pay them back later.

I was feeling dizzy and all that when I was off the medication for a week. Do you guys think I should go to my Doctor and ask him should I go back on the medication straight away or should I be grand? Was only off them for a week but was getting mad headaches. Hopefully now Im back on the medication Ill be back to normal!

ring your gp for advice, or else ask the pharmacist

• Advertisement
Advertisement