Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sony Ericsson unlocking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Hi,

What's the hitch? Everybody else charges for this. You do it for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I have nothing to do with this website but you can pay me to use the service if that makes you feel better:P

I'm guessing this company has released this software for free as it is a pretty good way for advertising themselves?

I unlocked my phone using this software so it helped me.Hope it works for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

anyone know if it is possible to unlock a k800i for free??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

that sites a gift, just unlocked one in 60 seconds, couldn't have been easier...thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Hey I tried that site to unlock a w910i but it doesn't work.

It stops at the please connect your phone and press 2-5 part. I pressed 2-5 but nothing seems to happen, could it be because I don't have the drivers installed on my computer?

Or is the w910 which the site says can be unlocked with this unlocker, different from the w901i?

• Advertisement

nikolaitr wrote: »
    Hey I tried that site to unlock a w910i but it doesn't work.

It stops at the please connect your phone and press 2-5 part. I pressed 2-5 but nothing seems to happen, could it be because I don't have the drivers installed on my computer?

Or is the w910 which the site says can be unlocked with this unlocker, different from the w901i?

first of all start up the program, then log into the site in the program, turn off your phone..
    have the usb cable plugged into the phone, hold the 2 and 5 button (don't let them go until it's fully unlocked, you will see success written on the screen)
    then plug the phone into the computer, hit unlock, the program will detect the phone and start the unlock process (keep the button held the whole time)

Did all those steps, just to confirm my phone is a w910i. It still; hasnt worked.

When i press 2-5 it just says "phoone functions unavailable during mass storage session

you have to turn off your phone before pluggin it in to the computer and when you plug it in make sure you have the 2 and 5 button held all the time..

you shouldn't see anything on the screen as the phone should look off..

your not doing something right...

Did exactly what you said,

selects w910, clicked unlock, held 2-5, plugged phone in, phone was off and screen was blank....nothing else happened

nikolaitr wrote: »
    Did exactly what you said,

selects w910, clicked unlock, held 2-5, plugged phone in, phone was off and screen was blank....nothing else happened

hold 2 and 5, plug in phone, wait until the software recognises it, then hit unlock...
    if the phone isn't being picked up by the software you need to install the driver, follow this below...
    when you plug in the phone (when it's powered on) did a windows box appear, windows need to locate driver software, you should hit let windows find the software automatically, do this with the phone on, then try the unlock process again once the driver is installed..

• Advertisement

I dont have the windows drivers for the phone loaded up because my computer is 98 and the drivers are xp, is that the problem then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

almost certainly

yea sounds like the problem, i'm using vista ultimate, works a treat..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

because my computer is 98

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

take it this wont work for the k530i? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This is certainly worthy of inclusion in the sticky.

I'll have Random work on it over the weekend. :D

Edit: Unlocking Sticky updated with a link to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can help me with this program i'm trying to unlock a C905 and a W705 both supported by this program

I've installed all software supplied with the phone and all are working in the normal ways(data transfer/mass storage etc.) but when i try to unlock it never detects any devices.

I've downloaded the program and registered and when i get to plug in the phone holding 2+5 i get an information baloon saying "software download" but when the installation wizard searches the disc it says it cant find the software.

Any ideas

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

grinder23 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can help me with this program i'm trying to unlock a C905 and a W705 both supported by this program

I've installed all software supplied with the phone and all are working in the normal ways(data transfer/mass storage etc.) but when i try to unlock it never detects any devices.

I've downloaded the program and registered and when i get to plug in the phone holding 2+5 i get an information baloon saying "software download" but when the installation wizard searches the disc it says it cant find the software.

Any ideas

Thanks

Exactly the same is happening for me! I have a W890i Anyone?

read what I said earlier in the thread, if you following the instruction to the letter it will work. every phone i've tried to unlock has worked...

The issue appears to be the driver, the automatic windows installer wont work, it cant find the driver, (with the cd installer in) even though the pc suite works fine.

• Advertisement

the phone has to be on when you first plug in the phone but it has to be off when you want to unlock, if the screen lights up or displays a message your doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Freakin sweet! I'll be trying this later! When its unlocked does that mean i can have the full phone features unlocked(not blocked by meteor) or will i need to install new firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

This post has been deleted.

Ah...
    I see...

:(

the phone has to be on when you first plug in the phone but it has to be off when you want to unlock, if the screen lights up or displays a message your doing something wrong
    Still no Joy, it picks up the phone no problem while its on, as soon as I turn it off I get a hardware error message.
    Ah well, off to the unlockers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

grinder23 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Any ideas

Thanks

Did the drivers install? :confused:

That was my intial problem when I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I forgot to install the drivers. I spent ages pulling my hair :p

It is as easy and quick as drunkmonkey has explained but maybe their is an issue with whatever computers you are running? On the installing drivers link below it shows different methods for manually installing drivers if the drivers do not automatically install? , or else maybe just use a different computer

Unlocking using Aerix

http://www.akshayy.com/sonyericsson/tutorials/free-sony-ericsson-a2-unlocking/

Installing drivers

http://www.akshayy.com/sonyericsson/tutorials/installing-usb-flash-drivers/

This tutorial looks very good .

http://www.myforum.lasyk.net/showthread.php?t=44786

And also youtube is good if you want to see a person unlocking a phone using their usb cable. Here are some youtube links here ,there maybe better ones but these are the first that I found ,in the second part you would press 2 and 5 together instead of c .

Installing driver

unlocking phone

dbar wrote: »
    Still no Joy, it picks up the phone no problem while its on, as soon as I turn it off I get a hardware error message.
    Ah well, off to the unlockers!

eh I think I know where your going wrong, your turning off the phone when it's plugged in and then holding the buttons..
    Plug out the phone and trurn it off, then keep the buttons held and plug it in again, they phone should not turn on but the software should pick it up, then hit unlock, presto, phone unlocked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

doesnt pressing 2 and 5 format ur phone and npot help wat so ever????

not if you follow the instructions for the unlock, if you don't know follow the instructions exactly anything could happen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

hi drunkmonkey

maybe you could shed some light for me

i'm pretty sure all drivers are installed when i plug in the phone using 2/5 the program picks it up then when i press unlock it turns the phone on and prepares for mass storage

or if i press unlock 1st the plug in holding 2/5 again it finds phone and attempts unlock it gets as far as "Sending loader..." then next line is failed. It's a w705

Any ideas

Advertisement