Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sony Ericsson unlocking

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

i havent done this yet but with some se phones do ya not hold the c buttom instead of 2 and 5 while pluggin in the cable?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

o ya heres a link for people who want to debrand their se w910i. the reason i did it was because it stopped the restartin problem that seems to be with the meteor branded firmware. it works with my phone anyway but do it at your own risk!
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1152245.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can this unlock a k800i? If not, does anyone know how to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Can this unlock a k800i? If not, does anyone know how to?
    I'd like to know this too... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheTick

I'd like to know this too... :pac:

Me Too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could try the Davinchy team for the k800 unlock & flash, haven't used them myself, would be delighted if one of you guys gave it a try and let me know how you get on...

http://davinciteam.eu/index.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could try the Davinchy team for the k800 unlock & flash, haven't used them myself, would be delighted if one of you guys gave it a try and let me know how you get on...

http://davinciteam.eu/index.html
    Yeah but I'm a tight bastard and would rather not pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Did this today with my W595 and it works great :)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Yeah but I'm a tight bastard and would rather not pay for it.

I hear you! I'm hoping they'll eventually support more handsets in the coming weeks/months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

the worst part is i bought my phone from 3 over a year ago and now when im changing network because 3 are a rip off they want me to pay to unlock my phone for me. im NOT paying anyone to unlock a phone that i own!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

Works perfect on a locked meteor C902.

Installed the drivers using the automatic method described here (automatic one is the last option)

To get Aerix to work tho, i needed to launch the program, then click unlock. I then connected the phone while pressing 2+5 and it unlocked in 60secs.

worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone able to let me know if they've tried this with a vodafone W715?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah that should work no problemo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

just an update on the da vinchy team, I had a w995 on meteor that I found really buggy, sent it back twice for repair, eventually used the da vinchy team website to unlock it and flash it with the 3 ireland global firmware, completely different phone now and skype works now..was well worth the 25 euro, 15 for the unlock and 10 for the flash and rebrand.

Yeah I would always get unlock code from O2 and then debrand the phone.

You can do both for free now.
    Debranding is nearly always a good idea as SE will release software fixes to phones, but mobile companies in Ireland are a bit slow on the uptake, as they have to re-test the phone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

billbond4 wrote: »
    Yeah that should work no problemo :-)

Sound I might buy the phone on a vodafone bill pay upgrade then and unlock it for a meteor pay as you go sim

Just a quick question slightly OT but what's the wifi service like on the W715? What size of sites is it capable of viewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

Anyone tried to unlock the C510 this way? I want to stay with Meteor but they're not stocking the C510 anymore. It's fairly cheap on Vodafone so I'd like to get it from them & have it unlocked.

What exactly is the difference between buying it on Meteor & buying it on Vodafone then getting it unlocked? Will it still work just the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Phones will work the same, the only difference might be how it accesses vodafone live! services.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

Meteor have it on the online shop but not in any of the stores. They're not selling online at the moment so phone is unavailable. As it's 'reached the end of its cycle' a guy in the meteor store told me they're not getting it back in. It's also €60 cheaper from Vodafone!

C510 is first on the list of that Aerix unlocking service isn't it?

So if I buy online from Vodafone would I still buy it as a new customer switching to Vodafone or would I buy as if I was already with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Awesome... Just unlocked my spare C902 without any bother at all
    Didn't expect it to be that simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shalimar

hi,
    thanks for the heads up, i once used unlock codes from http://www.****************/ to unlock my
    SE walkman series phone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

shalimar wrote: »
    hi,
    thanks for the heads up, i once used unlock codes from http://www.****************/ to unlock my
    SE walkman series phone

:D Three cheers for the spam filter.

Oh, and bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Has anyone had issues unlocking a W715? Im trying to unlock it now and after about 10 attempts im about to tear my hair out. Im following the instructionts meticulously i have installed the drivers and i get the same error message every time.

628294B8B19C2AA4

I have been searching google for ages but nobody seems to have posted a solution on any of the forums i have seen the error mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Hi guys. Im all googled out and i cannot find a way of unlocking a k750i for free anywhere online. Any way of doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I think I must be the only person this hasn't worked for yet. I've done everything suggested so far and it's still not working. The drivers are installed, it supports my phone so I can't see why it's not working.
    It won't detect my phone at all,no matter what combination I do it in. I'm running on Windows 7, I doubt that is the reasoning behind it.

Can anyone help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marmuck

So eventually got the program to recognize my phone but I never received the confirmation email after registration to activate my account so unlocking won't complete as it fails saying account not activated....anyone else not receive the activation email?
    I emailed the Aerix team but no reply there either......any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

marmuck wrote: »
    So eventually got the program to recognize my phone but I never received the confirmation email after registration to activate my account so unlocking won't complete as it fails saying account not activated....anyone else not receive the activation email?
    I emailed the Aerix team but no reply there either......any suggestions?

I'd say you just entered your email incorrectly or check your spam folder

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marmuck

no I tried it twice and checked my spam. I even emailed the website team and then did a test on my email address to make sure I was receiving stuff ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Strange I when through most of the problems listed yesterday but managed to unlock my W705 without too much trouble. So it does work. The email is sent immediately after you register.

Are you receiving any email from them?

Advertisement