Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magicbox Clarus Plus Internet Radio with DAB and FM`- very mini review

• 04-08-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭

I have purchased the Magicbox Clarus Plus.

€109 in Maplin Jervis Street. Cheaper at Amazon if they deliver. Saw it in PC World Jervis Street for €150.

Picture - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4155HTrERoL._SS500_.jpg

works with Wifi Frontier - same as Roberts 202.

Plus points:

1. Cheaper than Roberts
    2. Old fashioned volume knob - i.e. you can slide the volume to your taste rather than clicking + and - on the Roberts - may sound unimportant but sometimes with the + and - you can never get the right volume for listening.
    3. Excellent FM and DAB reception - even without lifting the aerial at all!
    4. Real Preset buttons (as Roberts also does) - unlike the Pure Evoke which has touch screen preset menus - which drove me mad when trying it out in a shop - certainly not what you want when reaching for a preset from the bed
    5. Like Roberts, has the "My favourites" - where you select as many radio stations as you like on the Frontier website and they appear in the My Favourties menu on your radio to scroll through at your leisure
    6. Streams BBC radio no problem
    7. Has a Alarm Clock mode

Minus points:

1. 4 preset buttons and a shift button for creating 8 presets altogether - 8 for FM, 8 for DAB and 8 for Internet - however the shift key is unreliable to the extent that you can only depend on 4 presets for each mode - this is not just my particular radio - other users have same problem. This is not a big problem due to the My Favourites function outlined earlier and the fact that most people will be happy with 4 FM presets, 4 DAB and 4 Internet.

2. Can't think of any more right now.

Very happy with this model.

Internet Youtube review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzNUe-fcGo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

In the presentation Andy says the major drawback is with the speakers ie the sound isn't very good and that would matter to me being an audiophile of sorts but for the price you cant go too far wrong...maybe now Roberts will lower their price for the 202.

Advertisement