Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company Bonus

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone please help. My contract states that i will be given after a year a 3000 Euros bonus according to my performance. I have asked the company to give me the criteria for performance. Never gave it to me. Now a year passed away. I went to them asking for my bonus. Company tells that it is based on performance. Do i have a claim on my bonus if they havent given me the criteria?And if yes, who should i go to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Generally you have some form of performance review. You get together with a supervisor or your supervisors manager and they basically say how well you performed.

Criteria are usually fuzzy enough for them not to be forced into giving the bonus if the company is not doing well enough to support it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Not really, a bonus is just that, a bonus, it is not a mandatory payment and double posting the question is bad manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dubger wrote: »
    Anyone please help. My contract states that i will be given after a year a 3000 Euros bonus according to my performance. I have asked the company to give me the criteria for performance. Never gave it to me. Now a year passed away. I went to them asking for my bonus. Company tells that it is based on performance. Do i have a claim on my bonus if they havent given me the criteria?And if yes, who should i go to?

Go to the boss. Just make sure you worked hard enough to earn it first, though then again, if you have to ask, you gotta ask yourself if you really do deserve it?

Advertisement