Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a George Foreman grill in Sligo?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could tell me where to get one.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Did you try Currys, Tahenys, Tesco, Dunnes? Can't think of anywhere else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bobcar61 wrote: »

You'd definitely get one if you tried the above shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Haven't tried anywhere yet.

Just wanted to check before I go running around aimlessly!

Thanks.
    You'd definitely get one if you tried the above shops.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Argos!
    Wow, can't believe I didn't think of that!

Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can get a good chargrill pan in Cross Sections for around 30 quid. Does excatky the same job, but miles better & much more hygenic than the plug-in Foreman sh*te. (though you don't get any free ear lobes with it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I have to disagree about hygiene starbelgrade, I've owned both a george foreman (in Canada) and a cast iron grill pan (here).

The cast iron is a bit on the tough side to clean since you can't just pop it into soapy water, you have to know what you're doing, and it's HEAVY and awkward.

The George Foreman is also a bitch to clean in terms of awkwardness, but because it's a non-stick coating you can have at it with soap, water, and non-abrasive plastic scrubby sponge and it's done. Also, the whole point of a gf grill is that it lets the fat drip away which the cast iron skillet doesn't do.

tbh I think both are fantastic. The cast iron is the absolute best thing that has happened to our steaks since ever, and the gf is great for more delicate meats like salmon.

Xiney wrote: »
    I have to disagree about hygiene starbelgrade, I've owned both a george foreman (in Canada) and a cast iron grill pan (here).

The cast iron is a bit on the tough side to clean since you can't just pop it into soapy water, you have to know what you're doing, and it's HEAVY and awkward.

The George Foreman is also a bitch to clean in terms of awkwardness, but because it's a non-stick coating you can have at it with soap, water, and non-abrasive plastic scrubby sponge and it's done. Also, the whole point of a gf grill is that it lets the fat drip away which the cast iron skillet doesn't do.

tbh I think both are fantastic. The cast iron is the absolute best thing that has happened to our steaks since ever, and the gf is great for more delicate meats like salmon.

That's me told!! I just don't like the look of those Foreman grills - they remind me of "sandwich makers" from the 80's.. the things would never get cleaned properly & would have a constant thick black crust of burnt cheese on them.

Though they did make a nice hang n' cheese toastie!

Oh no, those sandwich makers are a pain in the hole.

Can't clean the feckers no matter what you do.

Xiney wrote: »
    Oh no, those sandwich makers are a pain in the hole.

Can't clean the feckers no matter what you do.

I do have a feeling that it adds to the taste though!

*shudder*

• Advertisement
Advertisement