If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player wanted

• 04-08-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    My Dad has an old DVD player with on-board 5.1 speaker outputs (they are wired directly into the back of the player). Unfortunately it is on it's last legs, so I'm looking for a replacement.
    I don't want to go down the A/V receiver route for him - too complicated etc.
    Any suggestions - and cheapish suggestions preferred!
    Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

gman2k wrote: »
    Guys,
    My Dad has an old DVD player with on-board 5.1 speaker outputs (they are wired directly into the back of the player). Unfortunately it is on it's last legs, so I'm looking for a replacement.
    I don't want to go down the A/V receiver route for him - too complicated etc.
    Any suggestions - and cheapish suggestions preferred!
    Regards

3 day bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gman2k

Have a gander at this - its the HTS3020 5.1 DVD surrond system

www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3020_05/hts3020_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its an all in one system DVD surround system with 5 compact speqakersa and a subwoofer.

It will plug into your TV via SCART and has an on board FM radio and an additional 2 AUX inputs.

All in all a nice little system

Can do a Boardies special price of €130 for you (€149.99 instore)

Do you reckon that will do the trick?

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi gman2k.

We have a clearance DVD1940 which has 5.1 channel output.

It's an ex-display silver one that was £249.95 and I can do it for £149.95.

I would need to check the system that he has to make sure that it is right for the job. If you are interested, let me know the model of system he has and I can check it out for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Gman2k

Have a gander at this - its the HTS3020 5.1 DVD surrond system

www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3020_05/hts3020_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its an all in one system DVD surround system with 5 compact speqakersa and a subwoofer.

It will plug into your TV via SCART and has an on board FM radio and an additional 2 AUX inputs.

All in all a nice little system

Can do a Boardies special price of €130 for you (€149.99 instore)

Do you reckon that will do the trick?

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash, I'd say that'll do the trick for him- nice little system, and great value too!
    I'll drop in next Friday and get one off you, if you could stick one aside for me - cheers!
    PS - Is it multi region capable? and another PS - does it need a RGB on scart cable also - or is it included. Thanks again
    Gman2k

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.