Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thomann/Dhl?

• 04-08-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Bear with me, just venting here:

Ordered a new midi controller, cans and active speakers last week off Thomann and as is my wont, started to get giddy about playing with my new gadgets. Checked on my order the next day and found it was on hold as the speakers were OOS (not when I ordered!). A couple of unanswered e-mails, and one answered one, later and a different pair of speakers was subbed onto the order and the order processed.

YAY!

Order shown as shipped last Thursday evening, via DHL.

For some reason the tracking number provided would only work on the German DHL site, not any of the english language ones. I hadn't a clue what it said but it appeared to be moving. I fully expected to take delivery today. Around mid morning I decided to ring DHL to see if it was worth my while hanging around the house, a few DHL vans having driven past my house already!

I was given the Irish tracking number, told my parcel was in London since last night and they expect it to arrive in Dublin tomorrow. BUMMER! I wasn't aware DHL were able to do anything so slow. I actually suspect that it takes extra effort to delay parcels in an organisation that's optimised to move everything as quickly and fluidly as possible, like DHL. Do Thomann have a sweetheart pony express deal worked out with them?

Now I'm resigned to Thursday, maybe Friday delivery. I'm due to work both days but was thinking of taking Friday off to play with my new toys and get a few other things done. At this rate I can't even be sure it'll be worth taking the chance!

/end rant

For future purchases, are HTFR any better? Or was I just unlucky this time out, bank holiday weekend and all?

There were numerous fora this could have gone in but I hold you lot partly responsible, having excited me about the prospect of all my old tunes on MP3, opening my eyes to midi controllers and the possibility of mixing again without €€€€s being spent on tunes, and then talking me into upgrading my controller after a few short weeks. A hex on you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive never had a problem with thomann, sounds like you were just screwed by the bank hollier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Sorry to hear about that but ive never had a problem with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Funny enough, I just decided today that im going to buy a behringer DDM 4000 off them today, just need to save up the remainder now...

Funny enough, I just decided today that im going to buy a behringer DDM 4000 off them today, just need to save up the remainder now...
    They are always floating around on adverts for cheap check it out first.

I was looking the past few days, there was two up but seem to be sold. For the sake of spending another 80 on top of what seems to be the lowest price in adverts.ie I would get a case and a 3 year guarantee. Seems worth it, especially since myself and my brother are going splits on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I was looking the past few days, there was two up but seem to be sold.

Worth bearing in mind that on Adverts.ie the default time for the ad to run is quite short. 15 days maybe? Unless the seller changes that, it will show as sold once the time is up. Always worth reading through the replies to see if it was actually sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Woo Hoo!

Checked the online tracking just now and my next door neighbour has signed for it, AND I'm off on Friday.

Now I just need to get good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

milltown wrote: »
    For future purchases, are HTFR any better? Or was I just unlucky this time out, bank holiday weekend and all?
    I'd say you were just unlucky with Thomann as I've always heard good things about them, but in to answer your question on HTFR I've found them very good in the past. I recently bought a Vestax controller from them as it was cheaper than Thomann and other sites, and it arrived very quick, 3 days or so I think and that was through their cheapest delivery option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Never had problems with them either, Orders under €500 go via DHL, Normally takes 4 to 5 working days, and over €500 goes via UPS which can be a day quicker, but they are all standard road deliverys, If they were air express you would have them within a day or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

tbh mate, save the extra and buy something that isnt made by behringer

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    itll do for me. Ive done enough research into it for it to satisfy me. It seems to be a good product for a behringer. Even some heads on here have had praise for it.

Helix wrote: »

Don't agree, any other Behringer mixer and I would warn to stay away but this one seems great from all reports!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Behinger mixers, stay well clear, sound is poor, and faders will not last, being there and done that:)

Behinger mixers, stay well clear, sound is poor, and faders will not last, being there and done that:)
    This is in reference to the DDM 4000?

Advertisement