Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend requests from exs on facebook...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Brilliant! I love it!

And actually quite true...some people, you just don't want to know what they're doing now (or whether they're a ninja or a pirate....)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Similarly, there are people whom you don't want knowing what it is you're up to now!

Brilliant song :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Out of the blue for me, that is scarily pertinent. Typical Thaed. You've been at the entrails again. :) My answer reflected the song, minus the melody. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/blows a kiss at wibbs from her bloodied finger tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

New favourite party piece! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

if any ex ever adds me i'm sending them this and THEN canceling our "friendship". *swish*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

if any ex ever adds me i'm sending them this and THEN canceling our "friendship". *swish*

When did you start wearing a cape?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Whats even worse is three months after you split she starts tagging photos of you together as a couple.

Actually getting tagged by someone else in general should be banned by international law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

I really wish I had that vid to send a few months ago.... you reckon it's too late to forward it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Am I the only one who thinks that the image of Thaedydal, a totally level-headed and stern-but-fair Pagan, looking up novelty songs about Facebook on Youtube to be really out-of-character and ****ing hilarious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Brilliant song - however I do not see the harm with having an ex as a friend on facebook (though I do not) as long as sufficient time has passed, you have both moved on and there was a strong friendship basis to the relationship. Am friends with one ex on one network (my husband fully knows about this, they are friends separate to our history), I even went to part of his wedding.

When did you start wearing a cape?

i was born a superhero. i flew outa me ma and was fighting crimes using my umbilical cord like a whip.

nah, i picked up saying swish from my clients (typical inner city usa teens into basketball) for when you feel you've done or will do the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Whats even worse is three months after you split she starts tagging photos of you together as a couple.

Actually getting tagged by someone else in general should be banned by international law.

A person who I haven't see in years, found the two absolute worst worst worst photos of me and tagged me....gah I don't want anyone to know that's me!

you can remove the tags btw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Am I the only one who thinks that the image of Thaedydal, a totally level-headed and stern-but-fair Pagan, looking up novelty songs about Facebook on Youtube to be really out-of-character and ****ing hilarious?
    Completely in character for her which makes it more hilarious.:D

Maybe I'm the bah humbug type, but if any longtermer ex of mine tried to add me on a social site, she'd be ignored. I feel the same about guys I was in school with, guys I haven't seen in many many years, who weren't mates then, so I don't really see why I want to be mates with them now. Yep I'm the bah humbug type.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

you can remove the tags btw.

But oftentimes, it is too late. You've been away from Facebook too long, and the damage has been done.

What has been seen (by all your friends, family and everyone you know) cannot be unseen.

Set the profile to complete stealth mode. I did after I had friend requests from muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

shellyboo wrote: »
    But oftentimes, it is too late. You've been away from Facebook too long, and the damage has been done.

What has been seen (by all your friends, family and everyone you know) cannot be unseen.

Too right! And it's hugely embarrassing when your mother comments on said photos. You can reject exs and tossers you didn't like in school, but how can you say no to your overly-nosy-but-loving mother!? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Too right! And it's hugely embarrassing when your mother comments on said photos. You can reject exs and tossers you didn't like in school, but how can you say no to your overly-nosy-but-loving mother!? :(

Oh god, you poor thing. My Dad is on Facebook but luckily he steers clear of my page for the most part.

shellyboo wrote: »
    Oh god, you poor thing. My Dad is on Facebook but luckily he steers clear of my page for the most part.

Ah, one of the lucky ones! My mum checks my page every day, according to my younger brother! :o

My dad did join Facebook, but under a fake name. He just trolled on friends' pages who kept hassling him to join, then deleted his account.

I reckon he'd like Boards though! He was much impressed by the infamous 'Pear Bulmers' thread! :pac:

In relation to accepting exs on Facebook, I don't think I would. If I was on good terms with them, then yes. But I think for the most part, the past should stay in the past - particularly if you're still bitter about it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Easily, I have told my other not a chance in hell and to keep away from boards too :)
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Set the profile to complete stealth mode. I did after I had friend requests from muppets.

Ditto.

:P A friend sent to me.

p.s. this post is written and I sit here at my desk with pigtails in and with a lollipop in my gob. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Isn't there a setting whereby you can fix it so that the only person who gets notified about being tagged is you?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Easily, I have told my other not a chance in hell and to keep away from boards too :)

Haha! Aww, meanie! :pac:

I was chatting to a friend of my parents recently, having a few drinks and the topic of Facebook came up. She got quite upset telling me about how she tried to add her eldest daughter on Facebook, only to find she was denied! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I would never ever accept a friend request from an ex. They are an ex for a reason. You have one chance with me, blow it and you blow everything (for life!) :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

My sister set my mother up on Facebook.I removed her as a friend after a week.There were various comments from friends re some of my weekend shenanigans to which she (Mum) commented "he wouldnt do that,hes a nice boy":o

/Remove

My dad did join Facebook, but under a fake name. He just trolled on friends' pages who kept hassling him to join, then deleted his account.

Thats brilliant,what a hero.:D

.Ive probably deleted at least 50 "friends" from it since I signed up.People adding me that I was vaguely aquainted with 15 years ago or random people from around the world telling me how much they love the Irish.I am friends with a couple of ex's on it though however they are ex's from a long time ago that I still bump into from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

God I'm so glad I deleted my Facebook account. The added stress seems so.....unneccessary.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    My sister set my mother up on Facebook.I removed her as a friend after a week.There were various comments from friends re some of my weekend shenanigans to which she (Mum) commented "he wouldnt do that,hes a nice boy":o

YIKES. I remember getting a call from my mum a few months ago, answered the phone and the conversation went as follows;

Mum: Well, are you going to go?
    Me: Sorry?
    Mum: Are you going to go out for a drink with him?
    Me: What are you talking about?
    Mum: <insert name here>'s left a comment on your page, asking you to meet up because he's in Dublin! Are you going to see him again?
    Me: Ehh...
    Mum: Ah, go on! Don't be mean!

She knew the details of my life before I did! :o

It's even more embarrassing when she calls me up to ask who certain idiots who were in my year in school were, because they've tried to add her as a friend!

Agreed. Although I usually like having a good relationship with my ex's. Assuming we're friends is a bit presumptuous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It's even more embarrassing when she calls me up to ask who certain idiots who were in my year in school were, because they've tried to add her as a friend!

Now that is a strange one.Thankfully she knows virtually none of my friends on there as most of the people that do know her dont have an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My mom is on facebook and I think it's hilarious. I'm really proud of her. She's just trying to be more involved in my life and my sister's life. She posts pictures of the family pets in her albums and replies to my status updates.

I recently got a friend request from someone who I can't even believe thought that I would add him back. He must have been dreaming. If I'd known about this song beforehand I would have sent it to him before clicking ignore.

I also deleted someone from my friends list for posting the video of that awful song, "lips of an angel" by hinder. I hate that goddamn song. It's so cheesey. We weren't great friends in the first place anyway and all the updates on my wall were those ****ty, vaguely sexual "so and so has sucked on a lollipop" ones. So no big loss. But Hinder was what did it. Argh! HINDER! wtf.

Advertisement