Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucasarts hints at TIE Fighter/X-Wing return

Options
  • 04-08-2009 11:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59836

Could be nothing more than a Steam release in the style of the Indiana Jones games, but still better than nothing.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First mechwarrior, then this. I need a new PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Hope its a new game, been dying for a follow up since XWA. Be great to get a game that goes through the entire saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

TIE Fighter collector's CD was my favourite game of the 486 era. WANT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    First mechwarrior, then this. I need a new PC.

say a prayer to the freespace gods

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Jazzy wrote: »
    say a prayer to the freespace gods

Problem there is voliation is enjoying far too much success with their red faction/saints row franchises to consider a new freespace game, or even descent :(

Though I recently played Battlestations pacific, and if they combined that with the freespace setting and controls, I would love it to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Sounds like they're gearing up for a STEAM release for one of the games.

I'd love to see TIE Fighter reappear in some form. It's one of my all time top games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Whohoooo this just made my day :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'd be really great to see a version of XWing Vs Tie Fighter on XBLA, although I'd rather a graphically updated version of X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing Alliance, being a single player billy-no-mates.

PC tbh. Controlling these games with anything but a joystick would be weird. Thinking back to the large number of keyboard buttons necessary I can't see how it would work on a console without being dramatically dumbed down.

A HD remake of TIE Fighter CD would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

yeah I loved xwing and tiefighter.. great games..

I hope that if it does come out.. it will have a large multiplayer option.. would be nice to see some massive battles
    netcode could surely handle 64 maybe more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 boonen

Hmm interesting, added to my list ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Stephen wrote: »
    PC tbh. Controlling these games with anything but a joystick would be weird. Thinking back to the large number of keyboard buttons necessary I can't see how it would work on a console without being dramatically dumbed down.

A HD remake of TIE Fighter CD would be awesome.

I'd bet the percentage of PC gamers that have a joystick nowadays is tiny compared to what it was when these games came out. I haven't had one since i managed to short my MS force feedback stick (God what a beast that was) and that was around when IL2 came out. I could see them using this as a reason to modify for consoles, although I just want a graphical update for PC.

Got a back-catalog announcement on Monday. It's not X-Wing! I'm heading THAT rumor off at the pass!

Please be tie fighter :pac:

Advertisement