Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Erased Mac Aperture won't open - HELP PLZ!!!

• 04-08-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I had all my work backed up as is good practice (thank God). Was running 'critically low' for space according to Aperture. So like I have done in the past erased hard drive, this time though did the 35 one! Mac is completely wiped but I only got 33 GB freed up why? And now Aperture won't open keeps saying:

The Aperture Library could not be created at “/Users/davidkelly/Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary/Aperture.aplib”. Check the path and try again.

Mac was owned for first 6 months by David Kelly and I have tried in vain to get his name off tonight I tried again obviously made an error along the way.

Can anyone help me out here? I've reinstalled Aperture twice! It's still not opening and I have a wedding to edit so need it fixed asap.

Any help/advice appreciated.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Don't open Aperture. Find your Aperture library, wherever that is, and double click to open it. This launches Aperture from that library.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

jpfahy wrote: »
    Don't open Aperture. Find your Aperture library, wherever that is, and double click to open it. This launches Aperture from that library.

Thanks, I'll try that but I think I lost it while deleting the name from the system. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Were you using Time Machine to back up?

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Were you using Time Machine to back up?

Thanks to both of you for trying to help but got it sorted today! My only concern was Aperture but my Dad (techman I'm renaming him) sorted it. I wanted to reinstall the original software for ages but didn't have the master password but he did it today and all working perfectly!

Fajitas - I use an external hard drive got it recently as my Aperture fills up so fast so now work on one project at a time save again when edited in external HD. I've heard of timemachine but never used it. Any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's so easy to use, there's no reason not to - Turn it on, plug in an external hardrive, it'll back up, when it's done, eject the external drive. To back up again, just plug the external back in. You can make it more complicated if you like, but it'll run in the background, without interfereing with anything - It's a great system to back up with.

• Advertisement

Sounds good so I'll activate it plug in the hard drive and it'll be saving all the time while I'm working is it? I hope so it'll make life easier! Cheers

Advertisement