Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manifestation film to make window opaque

Options
  • 05-08-2009 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

I want to make a clear glass Velux window opaque, for privacy, by applying a piece of sticky plastic film to it. I think the technical term is manifestation film.

Does anyone know of a Dublin supplier that can sell me a roll, or pre-cut piece to do this? The only sources I can find are graphic design shops that are looking to put signs etc. onto it, with correspondingly large prices.

(The glass area to be covered is 30" x 53").

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can buy it in woodies. You can also buy a spray to do it,

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

You can buy it in woodies. You can also buy a spray to do it,
    Thanks Joey -- I tried the DIY shops early on with no success, but I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for back then. I'll give them another try.

Any idea what the spray is called?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No forget and I use to import it :rolleyes: but i know they do it cause they bought it from me. I just dont work for that company but they still import it. its usually over with the bbq spray and the clear varnish spray.

Advertisement