Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a hop rubber

Options
  • 05-08-2009 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

I recently bought this tightbore and at the moment its chroning at 260-270 with systema hop up rubber. The stock hopup that came with the m4 comes in at about 250.
    Can anyone tell me if theres one more suited to use with this barrel to get the fps up to 300 ish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I like the madbull blue hops, others recommend guarder hops.

What's wrong with the systema anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nothing apart from the low readings, i forgot to add that when the hop is fully on im getting readings of 190 ish so i said i might aswell try a new rubber and a new nub to see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Could be an airseal thing, you would want to make sure its seated well back in the hop unit, and isn't pushed forward away from the air nozzle.

Cheers, im starting to think theres an air seal problem now as its just chronoed at 285, back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Teflon Tape Mod.

Wrap Teflon (PTFE) Tape around the hop rubber.
    hoprubberteflontape.jpg

Then, wrap Teflon Tape around then end of your hop-up chamber and barrel.
    hopupbarrelteflontape.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

^^
    What he said. Also make sure the air nozzle is seated well in the hop up chamber and that it is forming a seal with the rubber. Also the best rubber I have used is a Guarder Silicone.

Just tried some teflon tape, thats saved me wastin 4 bucks on a new guarder hop up:)
    Ive got it firing consistently at 295-305 so im happy, thanks for the advice lads.

Advertisement