Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

17 year old-full licence

• 05-08-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

just turned 17 a week ago and got my learning permit, ive also got a full time job 15 miles away and is very hard to go to and back as i have to get lifts etc. Can i get an exemption to do my full test now so i can drive on my own?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You can send in a letter from your employer stating that you need transport for work, this may speed things up a bit, but a lot of people do this anyway. You'll still have to wait a little while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Unfortunately you are going to have to wait a minimum of 6 months from the date of your Learner Permit before doing the test. There are no exceptions to this for Cat B licences and a letter from your employer will not make any difference.

You should apply for the test after approx 3 months and that way the test date should be as close as possible to the 6 month date - thats the best you can do.

Good luck with the driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Apply for the test, and then phone them to 'check that my application reached the right place...'

If you can get them chatting on the phone, theres a good chance they'll plug your name into the earliest gap they can find in the schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

As mentioned already, you cannot sit your test until you have held your permit for at least 6 months. The day after you have held your license for 6 months you can sit your test. Apply in about 3 months and hopefully you'll get a date soon after you've held your license for 6 months.

Advertisement