Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mymeteor.ie

• 05-08-2009 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hey not sure if this is the place for it but does anyone know when mymeteor.ie will be back up and running? Im getting 'The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
    Please contact the website administrator.
    ' when i try to log in. They said they would be down for 96 hours but it has bin more then that by now i think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Should have been back up and running yesterday I think, sit tight can't be to far away now from being sorted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It was back up yesterday but they're having some problems since it went back online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

now that the upgrade is complete,

if i port to meteor and take a data add on, will this be applied straight away, or do i still have to wait about 2 weeks and pay over 20 euro/mb in the meantime?

also, to any1 that works in meteor, any sneak previews as to what we can expect in terms of new data plans?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Hmm, I'm getting a new username/password login screen on mymeteor.ie now. It doesn't accept my old login of phone number /PIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Keeps crashing on me!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

have to say I am far from impressed, I use myfreetext a lot and this is going to cost me money in the end. The site keeps crashing

Ditto here...although I'm just not texting back at all now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

cojomo2 wrote: »
    now that the upgrade is complete,

if i port to meteor and take a data add on, will this be applied straight away, or do i still have to wait about 2 weeks and pay over 20 euro/mb in the meantime?

also, to any1 that works in meteor, any sneak previews as to what we can expect in terms of new data plans?

thanks

It will apply straight away, and you will be billed for a partial allowance.

No comment on the other thing but be patient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

Yeah, the service is rather unreliable at the best of times but they are taking the piss at the moment. I was finally able to log in today, but whenever I try send a text I get an error message. Shocking service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Site is down again for me.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Do we think this is gone on too long? I think for the BS thats going on with this we should be credited texts to our phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's pretty crazy, someone's obviously made a botch job in the upgrade. MyMeteor is no longer showing up any charges on my account. According to it, I have all 60 minutes calltime, and I haven't used any of my data add-on or sent any texts to other networks since the evening of July 29th. Guess I shouldn't be complaining really :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Shouldn't this say August?
    You Have Until 14-Sep-2009 to Use any Remaining Minutes & Texts. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Site is down YET again:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

kilsmum wrote: »
    Site is down YET again:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's up for me have you tried logging in via this link ... https://www.mymeteor.ie/

I've found logging in on the front pages has more problems than this link

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    It's up for me have you tried logging in via this link ... https://www.mymeteor.ie/

I've found logging in on the front pages has more problems than this link

Thanks Pyro Boy - I'll try that in future - never had these problems before - 'if it aint broke dont fix it" comes to mind!! Thanks Kilsmum:o:o:p

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Do we think this is gone on too long? I think for the BS thats going on with this we should be credited texts to our phones.
    Lol....if only!

They should have left the site alone - having to trawl through pages of my bill to get to my present charges is a total pain - scrolling down was much more efficient - also the webtexts used to be displayed in the home screen when you logged in now they have a pitiful box like they used in the past that only shows up two digits for your remaining webtexts so if you have 278 webtexts left you can only see 27!!!! what was wrong with the old site??:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

kilsmum wrote: »
    also the webtexts used to be displayed in the home screen when you logged in now they have a pitiful box like they used in the past that only shows up two digits for your remaining webtexts so if you have 278 webtexts left you can only see 27!!!! what was wrong with the old site??:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What browser are you using? All seems ok for me in Firefox and IE8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Remaining webtext amount working fine for me here in Firefox.
    Agree with you on the Account History though - it'd make better sense if they listed newest charges first, instead of oldest charges first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

squared wrote: »
    Shouldn't this say August?

You Have Until 14-Sep-2009 to Use any Remaining Minutes & Texts. Enjoy!
    I have that too, both online and when I text My Minutes to 50104. I rang CS about it and they said not to worry, "The System" says until 14-Aug-2009.

Also none of my call history for August is showing up online. It says I still have 45/60 minutes to use, but that surprises me. Usually by the last week of my billing period I'd be down to my last 5 mins or so.

I'll be checking again come the 15th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

A couple of weeks ago I called up asking to switch tariff to Bill Pay Lite 25. Got my bill the other day for over €50, they'd switched me up to Talk 300. Rang them up earlier and the girl on the phone says Talk 300 is Bill Pay Lite (?) and that I must have run up an additional €25 in call charges (which I definitely did not). When I argued this and explained the charges on my bill, she told me she can't comment because she can't see my bill, and she asked me to call back tomorrow when the system might be working! Some customer service.

Managed to get onto My Meteor earlier and they definitely have me on Talk 300 - wouldn't let me see my bill though.

susanna wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I called up asking to switch tariff to Bill Pay Lite 25. Got my bill the other day for over €50, they'd switched me up to Talk 300. Rang them up earlier and the girl on the phone says Talk 300 is Bill Pay Lite (?) and that I must have run up an additional €25 in call charges (which I definitely did not). When I argued this and explained the charges on my bill, she told me she can't comment because she can't see my bill, and she asked me to call back tomorrow when the system might be working! Some customer service.

Managed to get onto My Meteor earlier and they definitely have me on Talk 300 - wouldn't let me see my bill though.

Technically BPL 25 is talk 300. The way they do it is you're on talk 300 but they give you a €25 reduction. I'm on BPL 10 and the website has my tariff as Talk 60 (04).

They upgraded their website in the past few days and it's not working properly at the moment. I can't see any of my calls from August so I doubt she can either.

The first page of your bill is a summary of your charges (ex-vat I think) so you should count them up and make sure you didn't make that many calls. You might be on the wrong tariff but the fact that the website says you're on talk 300 doesn't mean you definitely are

If you log in and click My account->view bill summary you should be able to see a pdf copy of your last bill and there should be something like this on it:

Other Credits and Charges
    Promotion - 14 Jul 8.2304 CR
    Total Other Credits and Charges 8.2304 CR
    Total Charges this Month (excl. VAT) 8.2304
    VAT on Total Charges this Month ( 21.5% ) 1.7695 CR
    Total Amount Due this Month (incl. VAT) 9.9999 CR

That's the €10 credit they give me back from talk 60 to drop the price to €10 a month. Your credit should add up to €25

Squared - Thanks for your advice re the browser - I didnt have Firefox installed on my Macbook - downloaded it and now I can see the remaining free webtext with all 3 digits - Thanks very much for the hint:D:D:D - Kilsmum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Thanks for the info Sam. No credit at all on my bill though, so I'll be back to them tomorrow!

Advertisement