Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mymeteor.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

AGREED:mad::mad::mad:

My billing is still stuck at July 31st so I dont know what my charges are from August 1st to today are:mad::mad::mad: - why didn't they just leave it alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

kilsmum wrote: »
    AGREED:mad::mad::mad:

My billing is still stuck at July 31st so I dont know what my charges are from August 1st to today are:mad::mad::mad: - why didn't they just leave it alone?

Because it was a 10 year old system. Are you still using Windows 98?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

chrislad wrote: »

if it ain't broke don't fix it

this doesn't apply to windows 98 because that is broke. bsod anyone?

• Advertisement

No I have a Macbook using Firefox

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

4 days total downtime, and nearly a week of no call details it hardly worth the upgrade.

And btw, windows 2000 is a pretty stable OS.

Yeah, Windows 2000 is stable. But what if you want to do something that requires XP? There was nothing 'wrong', per se, with the older system, bar its age. It worked, and it worked well, but there was no scope for improvement and things would have stayed static.
    No I have a Macbook using Firefox

Neither of which are operating systems....

But on that point, when the iPhone was released, it was only compatiable with 10.4.8 and above. It left users of 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 who were perfectly happy with their OS unable to use a new product unless they upgraded. There are COUNTLESS complaints on here that Meteor have crappy data bundles or that they are too expensive. The reason for this was the system was too old to add new items. I'm sure all those people who had data noticed that their bills listed the data as time (hours, minutes, seconds) rather than data (kb, mb etc). The old system is why. This newer system will allow Meteor to introduce newer add ons, packages etc much much faster. Has there been teething problems? Obviously. Have they been massive ones? In my opinion, no. You can't check you call history? Hardly a massive thing. I can see how it would be annoying, especially when you want to keep an eye on your bill etc, but you can do that on your phone in the mean time. No one was without phone service or anything important (which I would deem to be calls, texts and internet access) for the duration (unless you were porting, in which case there were delays) so it's hardly the end of the world. As I said, some things were frustrating but at the end of it all, it'll be a much better system with a much brighter future. Look on the bright side: you don't work for Meteor customer care at the moment!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

I agree with you that it needs to be updated and the time it has taken is longer than expected but why not tell the customers that on the website? A simple message saying why it was still offline and when it was likely to be back would be helpful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You can't check you call history? Hardly a massive thing. I can see how it would be annoying, especially when you want to keep an eye on your bill etc, but you can do that on your phone in the mean time.
    Texting my minutes to what ever the number gives the same out of date information as the website.

• Advertisement

Ok! my operating system is OS X on the MacBook :)

Jonathan wrote: »
    Texting my minutes to what ever the number gives the same out of date information as the website.

My apologies. I should have made myself clearer. I was referring to the built in call log that is on pretty much every phone.

My apologies. I should have made myself clearer. I was referring to the built in call log that is on pretty much every phone.
    Ok. That is true.

But surely a notice that you will have to monitor them yourselves would have been helpful? By the time I noticed my minutes weren't decrementing, it was too late to start counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Seems it's finally getting somewhere. All calls, texts and data usage up to to day now appears under my call history on mymeteor. The remaining minutes and data counters are still wrong though.

Mine are b0rked too.

Really taking the piss at this stage.

I hope there is a gesture for all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Mine's knackered too.

Mine is still not working either - Grrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

How many days has it been it since the work on the Meteor site was "supposedly" completed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

no problems here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Same here i am in Limbo land like i know they are trying to update things but if i go over my 250mb limit its nearly 20 yoyos for 1 bloody MB!

gcgirl wrote: »
    Same here i am in Limbo land like i know they are trying to update things but if i go over my 250mb limit its nearly 20 yoyos for 1 bloody MB!

As far as I'm aware, the out of bundle price is the same as if you don't have a data bundle and use the Internet over the ISP or Data APN, i.e. €4.92 per MB.

And you were expecting one...? :P

Customer Care agents generally do; it's used as a 'get out of jail free card'. Let's just hope they can get their act together soon, otherwise it gives a certain simian user license to shamelessly promote another operator. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement