Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV last night

• 05-08-2009 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I don't see a thread on it yet...

Anyone catch RTE 1 last night "Fresh from the Sea" She was in Dunmore and The Castle. Only saw the Castle bit.

Also on BBC 2 "Coast" they travelled from Kinsale to Dublin. Stopped in Ardmore, mentioned Tramore, explained that Waterford was a Viking word, made glass on Woodstown beach and talked about a bit about the history of Waterford Crystal in Waterford, a great piece of advertising for Waterford.

Why is it, that we have to rely on BBC to make a great show. Shame on you RTE for not making any great relevant documentaries about this country.

Anyone catch these shows last night. What did you think of either of them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

RTE can't make decent programs, actually I take that back....Reeling in the years was brill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

trishw78 wrote: »
    Why is it, that we have to rely on BBC to make a great show. Shame on you RTE for not making any great relevant documentaries about this country.
    I didnt get to see any of the shows you mentioned but maybe if RTE dramatically cut the likes of Gerry Ryans and others unrealistic salary then they could start pumping money into programmes.
    Saying that RTE do make go Today Tonight investigation programmes. Just a pity it stops there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Have to say I watched "Fresh from the Sea" and really enjoyed it Clodagh McKenna is very good I had to laugh when she dropped the mackarell back into the dock,and good to see local faces on T.V.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Saw both, pity Coast did not spend mor time on the Waterford coast line.

Advertisement