Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woodburning stove fitting

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Good morning to all,
    i recently bought a double sided woodburning stove and i have a query on how to best install it.
    Anybody knows how to insulate properly the connection between the stove and the flux pipe as well as the connection between the flux pipe and the chimney ?
    I lighted a fire in it to test it and the smoke alarm keeps coming on.
    Hear that you need to use fiberglass to seal the flux - chimney connection, is that right ?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭sooty_soupy

It is necessary to flue line the chimney completely with a flexible steel lining system. This will have an adapter that will fit onto the flue pipe off the stove, and will contain flue gasses right through to the top of the chimney run, where a cap is used to sleeve down into the chimney system. This steel sleeve will also help to maintain flue gas temperatures even when the stove is burning slow. PM me and I can give you a web site you can go to to read about the need to flue line or search for stoves in Northern Ireland on yell . com and look for someone in county down.

Hope this helps

David

Advertisement