Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas - Milltown

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,
    Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to get to either Cowper or Milltown luas stops from Abbeyfield (off the Milltown rd. near the BMW garage)??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Through Mount St Annes, the new estate opposite the spar. The gate stays open to the luas track these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 e_kenny

great thanks! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 langer123

I moved into abbeyfield 2 months ago and used the shortcut through mount saint annes.....but the ass***** have fixed the gate and you now need a fob key to open it.

Anyone any other shortcuts or ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bit of a resurrection thread but I'm in The exact same boat, just moved to Abbeyfield and can't find anyway to get to a LUAS stop. Mount St Anne's is blocked with a locked key fob door and you can't go through the girls school. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Bit of a resurrection thread but I'm in The exact same boat, just moved to Abbeyfield and can't find anyway to get to a LUAS stop. Mount St Anne's is blocked with a locked key fob door and you can't go through the girls school. Any ideas?

Long walk down the Milltown Road I'm afraid.

Otherwise take the 44 or 61 from outside Abbeyfield.

Real time info available for that stop here:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=view&searchquery=3562

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

Hi

Just moved to Abbeyfield.

Anyone know if you still need a card for this gate?

If so, then what is the quickest way to get to the luas from abbeyfield. Anyone know how long it takes to walk?

I know the bus is another option. What are the buses like in the mornings? Slow route etc? Start work at 8 in town so I will probably beat some of the traffic.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

An alternative could be to walk to the 46a/145 in Donnybrook. It's 1.25km, which you should be able to walk in 10-15 minutes.

Tangentally, it amazes me how little provision for pedestrians there was in the Mount Saint Anne's development. It would have been very easy to allow a pedestrian link onto Park Drive, which would have allowed access to Cowper Luas stop, handier for residents than Milltown Luas stop. Milltown Road and its environs are funny in that they are very close to several Luas stops as the crow flies, but because of Gonzaga and Alex it's difficult to access the Luas in practice. Unless you own a Mount Saint Anne's fob that is!

That is really annoying about access to the luas. I could also just walk 5 mins down to get the 11 or the 61 in the mornings.

I would imagine getting the Luas home would be no bother as plenty will be using the St annes entrance.

Anyone know if you can shortcut through Alexander College?

That is really annoying about access to the luas. I could also just walk 5 mins down to get the 11 or the 61 in the mornings.

I would imagine getting the Luas home would be no bother as plenty will be using the St annes entrance.

Anyone know if you can shortcut through Alexander College?

You can shortcut through Alexander College but will probably get spotted and warned by the security....my 28 year old male friend did! (It's an all girls school).

Thanks.

That might be a bit risky alright.

Anyone know if you need a pass card to get back in from the Luas to the St Annes Development? Would be handy coming home. Is it locked both side?

• Advertisement

Thanks.

That might be a bit risky alright.

Anyone know if you need a pass card to get back in from the Luas to the St Annes Development? Would be handy coming home. Is it locked both side?

Sometimes it's tends to be open for some reason...if not, there's usually someone walking that way at rush hour times that will have a fob. Just keep a few paces behind them trying not to make it fell like you're stalking them! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

langer123 wrote: »
    You can shortcut through Alexander College but will probably get spotted and warned by the security....my 28 year old male friend did! (It's an all girls school).

:D That happened to a male friend of mien too, classic!!! He was always a bit dodgy looking in fairness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

There's been lots of legal/planning shenanigans regarding the Luas gate access at MSA, according to a girl I know who lives near there. The planning condition was vague- says something like "access to luas to be maintained" or something like that, but isnt specific about 'access for everyone' or 'access to residents of MSA'.
    MSA is private property, either the residents assoc or some owners there challenged the planning to say that they were entitled to keep the gate 'private' as the only way to access it was through their private property, and won.

Other residents associations in the area have asked them to reconsider & were refused, so for the forseeable future, unless you have a fob or you tailgate a resident, you cant use the gate.

@Aard- as for making an entrance onto Park View- would that not cut across Gonzaga, which is more private property? Or is there another area that I'm not aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Sorry to dig this up.

Any shirt cuts to the Milltown luas form Abbeyfield these days?

Wondering how far it is going the main road to the luas stop?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KayRParker

in 2023 they removed the bus 61, and now the access through saint Anne’s is watched by security. The access to miltown Rd is getting harder by day. Now it’s only the bus 44 every hour, walk around 1.6km to get to luas or the bus 11. No improvements in this access situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Can you not walk along Milltown Avenue & then along the path that runs besides the Luas track to Milltown station?

Advertisement