Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis/Dissertation Finishing

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm just finishing off my masters thesis and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for the finishing process. Can anyone name a good places to get it printed and bound (im in dublin)? Also any thing to recommend for the general format they should take - i did it in latex, is there a specific thesis class?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi there,

try the Thesis Centre on Camden Street:

http://www.thesiscentre.ie/

They do most of the theses for students in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I was thinking of giving thesisireland.com a lash? Does anyone have any experience using them?

I was thinking of giving thesisireland.com a lash? Does anyone have any experience using them?

Checking out their website now. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work for me. I have many images in my thesis and these need to be printed on photographic paper individually which means I have to print the thesis myself and bring it in for binding.

Preusse wrote: »
    Checking out their website now. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work for me. I have many images in my thesis and these need to be printed on photographic paper individually which means I have to print the thesis myself and bring it in for binding.

ooops i think it is thesisireland.ie - sorry! :o

ooops i think it is thesisireland.ie - sorry! :o

Yes, I saw that ;) What I meant with "It wouldn't work for me" was sending my thesis in as a pdf file. I need to print certain parts on different paper. Also, the formatting problems would be much bigger for me if I would put all the chapter together in one file.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I got quoted 93 euro for one hardback, 3 soft copies of a 70 page thesis in the online store. Is that what I would pay in Camden st also does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

I got my thesis bound last week (still boasting :P)

I used the thesis centre, I got them to print it out and all for me. The soft binding was 11 euro each and the hard bind 35 euro for the 5 hour binding option. When they received my email, they rang me to give me the price and just to state the time. They also re rang me when they noticed a mistake on the first sheet. When I went to collect, all were ready on time, and I was very happy with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The thesis centre is only of the only places in Ireland (at least in the East) that does hard-binding (or soft binding for very large documents which can't be glued).

I used them for both my soft and hardbound thesis versions and I found them great and very helpful for all my silly questions!

Actually, for soft-binding of theses or documents up to 300 odd pages there is Copi-Print in UCD. They do it for between 2 and 4 Euro as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

Read's on Nassau Street do soft binding for about €3 a copy and it only takes about 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

And would anyone have suggestions on where to get it printed? It's around 50 colour pages, I was thinking of printing it up in UCD, but that would cost around 30e for pretty poor paper and lot of the time they come out with pages creased.

Are they normally printed front and back of the page or on separate pages?

I think the thesis regulations require one-sided printing (better check that).

Again, the Thesis Centre will print it for you and you can choose the quality of the paper (from 80gsm up to 100gsm) and they have some printing pices on their website. You can always buy good quality paper at Copi-Print at UCD and ask them to print it on that instead as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Preusse wrote: »
    I think the thesis regulations require one-sided printing (better check that).

Yes, it is almost always a requirement to have it one-sided (the printout, that is, not the arguments contained therein :D).

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    (the printout, that is, not the arguments contained therein :D).
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 carlow_kid

1. print it on good quality paper.
    2. focus on the conclusion as this is the last read ahead of grade assignment
    3. get it proof read.

Just a note to say I used Thesisireland and everything was perfect. Very fast delivery and lovely quality paper / printing. very reasonable printing costs in particular. Would recommend them to anyone!

Advertisement