Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lovely Hurling!

• 05-08-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

My old club, Southern Gaels, were contesting the much sought after Westmeath Junior B Hurling Championship yesterday against Turin (from Mullingar, not Italy)
    so I strolled down to the pitch to have a go at snapping that.

Been about 8 years since I swung a hurl in anger so I forgot just how fast the game is and missed a load of good shots.

Having said that, if I didnt have the camera with me I would have been lining out on the full forward line according to the manager ... or worse ... umpire!

3790544226_b2a6036263.jpg

3789720221_562e9c2302.jpg

3790522912_130382505f.jpg

3790546236_c4009c944c.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Some really good shots there, well done! They don't much look like juniors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

#2 is a cracking good shot!

#4 is super, but could be brightened a good bit.

#1 is good but of players backs....

Nice work!
    Merv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I agree with Merv- the 2nd shot down is really good and would stand on its own as a fine sports shot.

Some really good shots there, well done! They don't much look like juniors.

Juniors in GAA is a term referring to the 'quality' of the players as opposed to their age.

One thing that struck me about the photos.... isn't it great to see The Prince of Wales sponsoring a GAA team:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

What type of lens were you using?
    keps wrote: »
    One thing that struck me about the photos.... isn't it great to see The Prince of Wales sponsoring a GAA team
    Her majesty's forests already supply us with a good quota of ash for the hurleys too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

:) Cheers all for the comments. Actually I think the Intermediate team are out this evening so all going well I'll try to get down to that.

All shots were taken using Canon 40D & Sigma 70-200 f2.8
    One thing that struck me about the photos.... isn't it great to see The Prince of Wales sponsoring a GAA team:):)

:) Great club man. Sure he won an U14 Feile with the Gaels. Good man to sell a few lottos aswell :D

Juniors in GAA is a term referring to the 'quality' of the players as opposed to their age.

And its usually inversely proportional to the players waist size :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Good Stuff Mel. Hurling is quite quick to cover.

Here's a few I took on Tuesday night:

3795776616_e3b33842f2.jpg

3795772212_db06438290.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Intermediates were out yesterday against Crookedwood, lost by a cricket score :o

3795586239_eae6d3168d.jpg

3796390412_aa6420afd5.jpg

3795582245_cfb6a61b83.jpg

Advertisement