Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving rats

Options
  • 05-08-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

we're heading off on hoildays and it's the first time leaving our rats,,my brother is going to look after them which is great but my concern is getting them to his place,,,the only time they were in the car was when we bought them and they both had diarreah from the stress.I'm not sure should i leave them in their cage for security(have a hatch back car so the kids could still talk to them) or would they be better in a carrier on the kids laps where they could still be touched,,I dont want to scare them too much,,,any ideas please:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bobbytwo

Hi, I used to move house and leave them in their own cage. I presume you have a box of some kind in their cage so they can hide but feel secure when travelling. Dont feed them that morning either incase the journey is upsetting their stomachs. i havent owned rats for years but they are such a great pet..good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 handzy

i just use a dog carrier that has small gaps in the doors, but iv got 4.. you can buy a small carrier in petshops for very little.. fear poo is natural but it wont stress them to much.. if you feel like they are just cover them with a towel...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

thanks for that ,,i put the two of them in my cat carrier with some paper and they were ffine so they are settled now and im heading off soon my self :D

Advertisement