Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BR1180 V Mac

• 05-08-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm calling out to anyone who can help me with figuring out how to either sort a problem with the BR1180 I have- (all is fine until it says 'writing to CD and then seconds later it says 'CD write error.) or help me out with advice as to what I need to make my Mac sound decent.

Everybody seems to have different advice on various forums as to what equipment is necessary. It's very,very confusing.

I have a Mac that I bought about 6 months ago but the sound is terrible from it (using a USB EV mic) and I don't know how to record drums (real)with it. I'm basically technically challenged but in desperate need to get some recordings done quickly.
    I want a good recording sound that can record guitars (ac. and elec.),bass,vocals,drums,cello,piano etc. But it is to demo songs not a band. It needs to be a good sound but not absolute top notch.
    Has anyone any idea what I should use with the Mac to achieve this? Unfortunately I have very little money to do this, but if I was given very good advice I could FIND the cash SOMEWHERE.
    It's tough when you have no-one you know that has a clue about this stuff to help! So I would really appreciate everyone's advice!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

38Flowers wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm calling out to anyone who can help me with figuring out how to either sort a problem with the BR1180 I have- (all is fine until it says 'writing to CD and then seconds later it says 'CD write error.)

Everybody seems to have different advice on various forums as to what equipment is necessary. It's very,very confusing.

What's very confusing to me is the fact that you haven't contacted Boss - Clearly the obvious thing to do , No ?

Roland (the Boss parent company) has offices in Ireland including a repair centre. I recall some BR's had drive issues at one stage.

Contact them below -

http://www.rolandireland.com/contact.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

38Flowers wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm calling out to anyone who can help me with figuring out how to either sort a problem with the BR1180 I have- (all is fine until it says 'writing to CD and then seconds later it says 'CD write error.) or help me out with advice as to what I need to make my Mac sound decent.

I have a Mac that I bought about 6 months ago but the sound is terrible from it (using a USB EV mic) and I don't know how to record drums (real)with it. I'm basically technically challenged but in desperate need to get some recordings done quickly.
    I want a good recording sound that can record guitars (ac. and elec.),bass,vocals,drums,cello,piano etc. But it is to demo songs not a band. It needs to be a good sound but not absolute top notch.
    Has anyone any idea what I should use with the Mac to achieve this? Unfortunately I have very little money to do this, but if I was given very good advice I could FIND the cash SOMEWHERE.
    It's tough when you have no-one you know that has a clue about this stuff to help! So I would really appreciate everyone's advice!
    Thanks!

for the mac, you wont get results using a usb mic. You need some form of firewire/usb2 audio interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Hi Iamhunted. Cheers for the reply. I'll look into it.

Advertisement