Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant activity on NTL modem when no devices connected

Options
  • 05-08-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

A few days ago I noticed that the activity lights on my NTL supplied cable modem and router are constantly flashing. The wireless light however does not flash at all and no devices are connected via ethernet.
    If I disconnect the router from the modem the activity will stop immediately, but will resume just as quick upon reconnection.

It looks like a fairly constant stream of traffic and I don't want to be shoved over NTL's download limit.
    Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Similar thread here.

No-one seems to know what's causing it. When I rang UPC, they wanted to book an engineer appointment to replace my modem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

My modem/routers been doing the same thing for the past few weeks, must give them a call as it seems like their both heating up a bit more with the constant activity.

Advertisement