Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astroturf on Headford Road?

Options
  • 05-08-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all

Does anybody know how one would get contact details for the astrturf pitches on the Headford Road (beside the Shopping Centre car park)?
    Our weekly game has been cancelled by Drom this evening, and we're looking for a temporary alternative.
    Traffic is too difficult for Mervue at the time we play, but Headford Road would be ideal.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Maybe the Council

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/ParksandRecreation/Sports/Football-Soccer-Rugby/CityCentre/
    - the Plots could be the one you're referring to?

I'd try their new-and-improved call-centre first:
    Office Hours: The Call Centre manages all calls received on 091 536400 (main telephone number) from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Out of Office Hours: From 5pm to 9am the following day (week days) and at weekends, calls are automatically set up to route to an out of hours Call Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 narac

Hi JustMary

Thanks for the reply.

The plots is the green area just off Dyke Road (it's just behind the gravestone makers there on the Headford road). Not the spot I'm looking for, but thanks for replying anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I think you're talking about the Bother Mór football pitches. I'd try Galway city council for information at least. They have a sports officer and they happen to manage a lot of the sports amenities in town ie westside and Renmore community centres for a start...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Remember seeing signs up at the bowling place on the headford road about them before. They were advertising bowling, quasar, gym and astro turf. Looked into it and it was the pitches around where your saying. Could be worth a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 narac

Cheers guys. Will give them a shout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement