Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error code E73 - repair?

• 05-08-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

My 15-month old 360 has developed a fault, 1 red light in the bottom right quadrant and giving an E73 error code on start-up mad.gif.

Goggling gave me this "E73: I/O Hardware Error - Couldn't calibrate HSIO Bus from edram: this error is likely caused by a problem with the Ethernet port or supporting control devices" - looks like the problem is internal but not directly related to the RROD failure. I have a wired ethernet connection that has never given me any bother.

What's my best bet to get this sorted? Outside the 12 month warranty offered by Gamestop, they will probably ask me to contact MS directly.

Shall I just ring MS up and say its the full RROD and send it off? Or will they charge me to repair this fault?

I have access to another box if send this one away for a while, will I have any issues just by swapping across my hard drive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

MayoForSam wrote: »
    My 15-month old 360 has developed a fault, 1 red light in the bottom right quadrant and giving an E73 error code on start-up mad.gif.

Goggling gave me this "E73: I/O Hardware Error - Couldn't calibrate HSIO Bus from edram: this error is likely caused by a problem with the Ethernet port or supporting control devices" - looks like the problem is internal but not directly related to the RROD failure. I have a wired ethernet connection that has never given me any bother.

What's my best bet to get this sorted? Outside the 12 month warranty offered by Gamestop, they will probably ask me to contact MS directly.

Shall I just ring MS up and say its the full RROD and send it off? Or will they charge me to repair this fault?

I have access to another box if send this one away for a while, will I have any issues just by swapping across my hard drive?

Hey, I had error code on my xbox about a month ago. It was jus under 3 years old. The best thing is to ring xbox and quote ur problem and serial number on box. They organise for it to be fixed free of charge. They sent me via email a prepaid courier service to pick up and return the xbox. It was returned to me within 2 weeks. Just give xbox support a ring, they are pretty helpful. Oh yeah i got a free months xbox live membership for my troubles aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Old thread i know but better than making a new one.Just got this error myself.Any self fixing i can do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Soby wrote: »
    Old thread i know but better than making a new one.Just got this error myself.Any self fixing i can do?

try replacing xclamps.

Advertisement