Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Credit Bureau

Options
  • 05-08-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Has anybody experience of using Irish Credit Bureau Ltd?
    I'm attempting to get a copy of my credit report. The ICB website (www.icb.ie) has a section where you are meant to be able to request a copy of your credit report online. I have been attempting to do this for the last 2 days but it just times out. I've called their office (01 2600 388) but of course there is no option to speak to a human being.
    You can send in an application by post but the only payment options seem to be either bank draft or postal order.
    Does anyone know of any other organisation in Ireland that provides credit reports?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bigbadben

PMC999 wrote: »
    Has anybody experience of using Irish Credit Bureau Ltd?
    I'm attempting to get a copy of my credit report. The ICB website (www.icb.ie) has a section where you are meant to be able to request a copy of your credit report online. I have been attempting to do this for the last 2 days but it just times out. I've called their office (01 2600 388) but of course there is no option to speak to a human being.
    You can send in an application by post but the only payment options seem to be either bank draft or postal order.
    Does anyone know of any other organisation in Ireland that provides credit reports?
    thanks

You can apply online using your laser. I used them once found them very promt.

Cant recommend anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

thanks for the reply. My problem is that the online system does not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

PMC999 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply. My problem is that the online system does not work.

Then send them a draft or postal order. They replied within two days when I did it by post.

Are you living abroad?

No i'm in Ireland. i was just hoping I could do it on line to speed up the process. The online facility has been out of action for the last couple of days.
    Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll post in my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I did this online and it returned nothing, annoyed I paid to be told nothing (though the only thing I was expecting them to find was a BOI credit card)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MURDO

i did mine today. when it gets to next step it was hanginging and wouldn't let you proceed. i stopped the page and then refreshed it a few times and bingo it gave me the option to go to the 3rd step and then 4th. Paid and done. should have in a few days, did it once before and yeah they are quite promt in getting them out to people...

thanks MURDO. I'll give it another go. Their website is a bit of a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

It worked grand for me last Wednesday. They wrote looking for proof of current address though since I hadn't used this address for any previous loans, etc. but I'm expecting my report this week.

I finally got it to work. I tried it at least twenty times over the last three days. They are clearly having technical problems.
    Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Got mine today! But it's very confusing.

Where do you actually see your rating???

• Advertisement

Same here. When I received my credit report it listed my mortgage but gave me no credit score. A waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

pog it wrote: »
    Got mine today! But it's very confusing.

Where do you actually see your rating???

There isn't a rating.The banks use this to create a rating.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I used it also about 3 weeks ago, got the letter 3 days later which was absolutely blank. Now I've had loans and paid them all but I've missed my credit card payment a few times and had an old phone bill on final warning for months years ago but the report I got was still blank. I put down all the addresses that I ever lived at also.

I take it blank = perfect credit rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

carbsy wrote: »
    There isn't a rating.The banks use this to create a rating.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. The ICB does not give a credit score/rating. It merely tracks your Credit history. Banks take this and feed it into their scoring engines to provide a unique credit rating/score. Therefore, the same ICB report may give you different Credit ratings from different banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dah

Alot of Credit Unions, Credit Card Companies and even many banks don't register all loans through ICB. More and more Credit Unions are coming on board but Banks due to poor administration don't register some new applications.

If you get a blank ICB Report back happy days providing you gave all your previous addresses. Either loans have concluded more then 5 years ago or finanancial Ins did not register loan.

In relation to reading the Report, ICB dont give overall rating of any individual quite simply because they rely on Banks to update data on the system and data can be incorrect. Easiest way to read Report is if you see any numbers in the boxes means you have missed a repayment, all ticks mean you made a repayment on time.

Advertisement