Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spa to share annual GP

• 05-08-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Bernie Ecclestone hinted to Switzerland's Motorsport Aktuell magazine on Tuesday that Spa-Francorchamps may soon share its annual Formula One hosting rights with another race.

In the same interview as the F1 chief executive suggested Canada will return to the 2010 schedule, he also said the Belgian venue and the Nurburgring may from now on alternate the rights to a single annual event.

The arrangement would be so that Hockenheim can host a Grand Prix every season.

But Spa boss Andre Maes pointed out in the French language Belgian newspaper La Libre that until 2012 the circuit has a contract to stage a race annually.

Belgium's RTL Sport however pointed out that the alternating idea was discussed between Spa-Francorchamps manager Etienne Davignon and Ecclestone in January, with no decisions formalised as yet.
    link

Canada back yay, Spa every 2 years nay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    link

Canada back yay, Spa every 2 years nay

Does Bernie even care what the supporters think?

So much for FOTA and their promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yay! Get rid of the races people want, maybe replace them with some more races around industrial estates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

As ABBA once said: "Money, money, money...in a rich man's world!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

+1 to bring back Canada

I don't think Spa is as great as everyone seems to think either, not anymore

+1 to bring back Canada

The "new" Hockenheim is a lot worse

Why does it deserve a race every year over Spa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

/makes plans to visit his friend in Montreal next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

+1 to bring back Canada

While i agree, spa isn't the challenge of a driver it once was (mostly down to increased down force on the cars rather than the changes) its still better than any of the newer circuits.

smooch71 wrote: »
    The "new" Hockenheim is a lot worse

Why does it deserve a race every year over Spa?

I never said it did

While i agree, spa isn't the challenge of a driver it once was (mostly down to increased down force on the cars rather than the changes) its still better than any of the newer circuits.

True enough I suppose. I'd take Spa over any of the new middle eastern / asian tracks since they are all the same anyway

EDIT: Wasn't the busstop altered a while back to make it much easier?

I never said it did

That was directed at Bernie, not you.

Doubt if he's listening though

• Advertisement

Maybe Spa will prove to be a challenge again with the new aero rules for this year.

smooch71 wrote: »
    That was directed at Bernie, not you.

Doubt if he's listening though

Ah, right so.

Since he's probably not: **** YOU BERNIE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lendrew1

Maybe Spa will prove to be a challenge again with the new aero rules for this year.

The teams have already clawed back as much downforce as last years cars,and they have slick tyres!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

hockenheim used to be a great circuit very high speeds along the straights in the forested areas
    spa is not the same without the bus stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Spa and Suzuka are my favourite tracks. I remember watching the qualifying or the race at Spa last year on TV and it was one of those rare times I thought to myself "I'd love to actually be driving that circuit". It's the way the corners seem to flow into each other and everything.

Advertisement